• Janneke, I don't know if Pedro knows how to start a new thread, so I am going to say, great news Pedro.
    Thank you for sharing it with us.

• @sharronhurlbut:

Janneke, I don't know if Pedro knows how to start a new thread, so I am going to say, great news Pedro.
    Thank you for sharing it with us.

Well.. if he/she wants to know how to start a new thread, I'm more than willing to explain it to him/her.

• Whether new thread or no - it's wonderful news Pedro.

• HI sharronhulbut, thanks and thank u patty. and no i don't know how to start a new thread!. SORRY!. sharron, i have 2 test here !! the old one said; probableat-riskforfanconi syndrome then for some reason igot a new one today in the mail!, saying it was rerun, do to a evaluation error!??? what is that//?.and i got a certificate with it too, probable lear/normal for fanconi !! im soo confussed here!,& i don't know why it was rerun!!!???. i didnt'ask for a re-do!. why would i have gotten another one that was redone, and within 2 months apart? have u ever heard of this being done before??!. pls help me with this.

• Labs make mistakes so be glad that they reconized it and reran the test.

• hi tanza!, how's everything going?. i thought that the only reason they'll run the test again is if the first test was indeterminate/equivocal! but my first test saying: homozygous A/A= at risk for developing fanconi. !!

• jeneke, can u tell me how to start a new thread?. and is it ok to give a basenji tuna fish?? my basenji love's it!!!!!!!!!!!. he goes crazy just by the smell of it!!. thks.

• Re tuna, it does have mercury in it..give it only to them I would say, less than once a month..but others will correct me if I am wrong.

• thks sharronhurlbut, i wasnt sure about this and i gave him a can of it . the type thats in water not the oil type. but man oh man he goes crazy for this stuff! he fallows me like a puppy listens really , really good for me too!!!!!!!> he's like a kid that just learned what candy is!. i'll just give it to him once a month then!!. thks again.& have a ggod night!.

• I read something recently about the whole mercury in tuna thing that I found very interesting and very educational. Before you ask, no, it was not info put out by the fishing industry. It was a book I was reading a little out of that was about the health benefits of a kosher diet. It stated that there is something neat about tuna fish that I hadn't heard before. In tuna, there seems to be some chemical or property which lends itself to the purpose of removing mercury from our system. Because it has been a little while and I didn't pay close enough attention I cannot tell you what this property that the tuna has is and I am sorry for that. I'm sure it would be wise to further research information about it. But it was published information that suggested that eating tuna fish actually reduced one's likelyhood for mercury poisoning, in spite of what the mercury test results indicate the tuna to have. I guess this is sort of like how they are now telling us that the use of sun block may actually be increasing our risk of skin cancer. Personally, I think we will all eventually die from something, and over-worrying something like this is not a direction I will choose to go. But that is a decision which I have made only for myself, you will have to make your own. Perhaps some of you out there are already aware of this tuna/mercury study and can share your knowledge with us.

Suggested Topics