Skip to content

Young Basenji in MN

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • OH-Marysville-2 Young Male Basenji Mixes-In Shelter

    Basenji Rescue
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    S
    both good looking dogs. Hope someone takes them in soon.
  • 0 Votes
    20 Posts
    13k Views
    Buddys PalB
    Dear Tekkster, you really should have experience, or else the many problems that arise from an untrained human result in a very fustrated Basenji!!! If you want entertainment, I just happened to have recently run into a lady with two hairless dogs. Talk about being entertained! The care needed is just like your own skin, lotion and sunblock, and putting clothes on them is recommended! Read the treads on this site and BRAT. Sooooooo many B's are given up by untrained and inexperienced humans! Good Luck in your search!
  • Not a Basenji, but…

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Terry, I know Joan, she will want to know about this dog.
  • Is this a basenji [mix]

    Basenji Rescue
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    @Quercus: I would guess boxenji :) That's my thought too. I don't see the pitt.
  • Basenjis on Craigslist

    Basenji Rescue
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    YodelDogsY
    @Janneke: Sahel is a gorgeous girl! I hope she finds a good home soon! This is what I don't understand.. The pup is about a year old and the owner wants to get rid of her because: "I'll be traveling and working more this year, so I'm finding a new home for a beautiful and sweet female Basenji" What about thinking before getting a dog :( It is possible that the owner has a new job, something possibly unexpected especially with the sketchy job market in the US presently. In any case it sounds as if the owner cares about her and would like to find a good home.
  • Looking to adopt a young basenji in Florida

    Basenji Rescue
    41
    0 Votes
    41 Posts
    22k Views
    J
    Thank you MacPac. I contacted 2 breeders in the Gainesville-Ocala area but they don't have any available at the moment. We'll keep looking. Thank you everyone for the great suggestions :)