• On PF anything that has a couple of wrinkles is called a shar pei or shar pei mix. I belong to a few shar pei rescue groups and while I'm certainly not an expert, it might be a basenji…
    What do you think?

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12456544

Keely
    Border Collie,Shar PeiMix

Size: Medium
    Sex: Female
    ID:
    Notes:
    How could you not love this face! Keely is a sweet dog who needs a good home. She is 7 months old as of 11/23/08. She has lots of love to give. Will you be her new family? **IMPORTANT: Mileage Limitation, No Shipping, Application Required. Our adoption fee is $95, and dogs will have all their shots including rabies, microchipped, spayed/neutered, and have a clean bill of health. Please Email For More Info: ALPHACanine@sbcglobal.net

This pet is up to date with routine shots.

This pet has been altered.

ALPHA Canine Sanctuary
    Bakersfield, CA

ALPHACanine@sbcglobal.net

• Yes, it looks like a Basenji or basenji mix for sure.

• looks like some basenji or other primitive type dog in there (caanan dog)

• That muzzle is more shar pei, but other than that, sure looks very basenji-like.

• Looks like part B to me! I'm looking at the tail and it does seem to curl, but the legs?? Maybe a herding dog? The muzzle is a bit rounded too.

• Thank you for opinions!
    I don't think she is in any danger in the sanctuary but probably it would be nice to let them know that she might be a basenji - more chances to get adopted.
    And there's absolutely nothing from a shar pei in her!

Suggested Topics