Frustration: Basenji lovers must read

• thats a horrible women!!

I would go crazy….

• @Andrew:

I love everything everybody has said in this thread! We are such an interesting group of dog owners! And I agree to each his own, and no matter what the breed, most people consider their dogs a part of their family. I can't stand dogs that bark, slobber, get dirty, etc, HOWEVER, they are just as important to their owners as mine are to me, and I would never in a million years tell somebody their precious family member is beneath my standards. That is just bad manners!

And frankly, if for some reason a barking, slobbering, dirty dog found its way into my family, I would love it just as much as I love the Basenjis, and would take just as much offense if someone ridiculed it.

A few years back we had a corgi mix that was truly an odd looking dog– white, pointed noise, huge pointed ears, big hairy body, with unusually short stumpy misshapen legs. She was a funky looking creature, and I adored her!
    One day we were at a park and she was wading in the creek and there were people watching from a bridge. When she came out of the water, they started laughing and said, "We thought that was a really deep creek!"
    It WAS funny, but my heart broke a little for my Maggie because they were laughing at her == I loved her so much and I thought she was a beautiful girl.

Breed doesn't matter; appearance doesn't matter. You just shouldn't criticize someone's pet w/in earshot of them. period.

Same goes for kids -- a friend of mine recently had a stranger tell her that her baby boy looks like Yoda. Come on!! that was just rude. === even though he does look a bit like Yoda,:D, the lady should not have said that to the Mama.

• Wow! Has that woman ever been taught manners?
    Sheesh. Sounds like her mother needs to teach her a thing or two about opening your mouth and inserting foot.
    How Rude.

• You should have sent Shango home with her. Her opinion would have changed after her sofa was masticated, clothes eaten and the contents of her refrigerator were strewn about her house in a reckless and half eaten manner.

• Basenjis aren't pretentious; they simply don't associate with beings who are their mental inferiors.

• First Basenji's

Just let it roll off your back. She apparently didn't know about the breed - nor was she very tactful or polite. Ya can't 'love' some people but …

Ya can always love the Basenji! [smiling]

• This reminds me of the day I was out on a hike with my B in a historical park. While I was reading a sign, Colbey decided to lay down. A lady coming down the path who had 3 rat looking dogs calls out in a really snotty tone "Why is he laying down?" I look over at her and simply say "Because he feels like it" and shrug. Ugh… people who have dogs that know nothing about dogs and pretend to really do get on my nerves.

• @Mucky:

This reminds me of the day I was out on a hike with my B in a historical park. While I was reading a sign, Colbey decided to lay down. A lady coming down the path who had 3 rat looking dogs calls out in a really snotty tone "Why is he laying down?" I look over at her and simply say "Because he feels like it" and shrug. Ugh… people who have dogs that know nothing about dogs and pretend to really do get on my nerves.

Why wouldn't he be laying down? He's a Basenji. They do what makes them feel best. Regardless, what's wrong with a dog laying down? 😃

• @Kananga:

Regardless, what's wrong with a dog laying down? 😃

My thoughts exactly….

• Shango sounds like a lovely dog, I don't suppose his opinion of the daughter was very high, I wouldn't worry about her appalling manners.

Suggested Topics