New Parents of Our First Basenji

• my little female likes to sleep with her nose under something - my arm, her paw, etc. I told my friend that and she said "Awwww, she even sleeps cute."

Anne is super nice, as is everyone in that Tampa group. Just if you ever have to call Anne, you'll have to mention you have a basenji before she'll pick up the phone. 😉

• Yeah Kim, "Basenji" is the magic password! Before caller ID, I got a lot of calls from work and I still have the habit of screening calls! (It doesn't really work, if I don't answer, they page me or call my cell).

We have been very lucky to meet many nice people like Agilebasenji when they passed through Tampa!

Anne

• Hi Kona, how are things going with your new basenji girl?

We had a dozen basenjis at the park today, hopefully you will be able to bring her sometime. We meet up most every Sunday morning around 11, but we went early today due to the weather. (yea, we finally got a little rain, but not enough!) The place is West Park, on Occident just south of Linebaugh.

Anne in Tampa

• Congratulations! She is lovely! How lucky for both of you to find each other. Out of curiosity can someone tell me if the trindle coloration is allowed in the ring?

• There are no DQs in basenjis so a trindle can be shown and there are trindle champions.

• Hi Anne -

Thanks for checking in on us. Kona is settling in perfectly. She is so sweet and only causes trouble a couple times a day - mainly when my husband isn't home 🙂

She traveled with us to Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando over the Thanksgiving weekend and handled it all very well. She even played beautifully with my nieces and nephew.

We are so lucky to have found her and she is the perfect fit for us! We look forward to coming and meeting the other Tampa Basenjis. I am hoping to come to the park after the holidays once Kona is completely caught up on her shots - she goes for round 2 tonight.

I will post some more pictures soon too!

Lisa

Suggested Topics