• Oh she is SO cute! wrinkles everyplace. Reminds us all of how adorable our big girls were when they were tiny and we really believed we knew just how to raise them - of course that was before they taught us how they would raise us. LOL

• I've got some new pictures of Dopamine after she has settled in to her new home with me. She's really living it up in the sun in a few of these.
    attachment_p_165227_0_dopa-6.jpg
    attachment_p_165227_1_dopa-4.jpg
    attachment_p_165227_2_dopa-2.jpg
    attachment_p_165227_3_dopa-3.jpg

• She really is Adorable!

• The last one is m favorite. She is adorable!

• I can't get over how much happiness she has brought me. She is ridiculously funny, smart, and affectionate (at least towards me and my roommate, she tends to just want to sniff other people). She is practically all the way potty trained by 11 and a half weeks. I love how curious she is about everything, even if it does mean a lot of cleaning up and keeping a close eye on her. I feel like a proud mom of a baby genius. Hahahaha…I'm sure my friends are going to get sick of me bragging about Dopamine all the time, but I just can't help it.

I love breeds like basenjis that think for themselves and figure things out. The only other dogs I have had were jindos and they are similar in character. My jindo (her name is Sequel, and I guess she is really my parent's dog but I claim her because I found her in the pound and trained her and she is really attached to me) lives with my parents. I wanted a dog that was similar in character but small enough to be under the weight limits that a lot of apartments have on pets. I've always wanted a basenji, and Dopamine is the perfect dog for me.

• It's so cool that you know and love a Jindo, our Sami crossed the Rainbow Bridge just over a year ago and we still miss her. You understand how rare and incredibly intelligent they are, the main reasons we started fostering and adopting Basenji's. The 2 breeds are similar but B's are so totally awesome at figuring ways to do things we dont want them to do. When we adopted our 'Baroo' boy it took him only one day to figure how to open every door in the house. Have fun with little 'Dopa' and her love more every day.

• Congrats on your new pup! She's adorable and sounds like a really good girl.

I have a friend who had a Jindo and another with a Shiba. My last B (Spencer) and the Shiba were great pals, but neither of them got along with the Jindo. It was so neat to see them together– three similar, but different, dogs, each whip-smart and unique in their own way.

• Here are some pics of Dopa and her "auntie" Sequel the jindo….

and one picture of Dopa being eaten by a bear. hahaha UCLA is my alma mater. I had to get a picture of her with the bruin statue on campus.
    attachment_p_165324_0_2013-03-23-13.59.30.jpg
    attachment_p_165324_1_2013-03-23-15.12.01.jpg
    attachment_p_165324_2_2013-03-23-23.03.35.jpg

• This is Dopas sister, Mia. (We also picked her up from Denise)

• What a lovely girl

Suggested Topics