• We've only had our 2 B's about 3 months now & find they usually go about 3-4 hrs after their meal. Quite regular, although there have been times when they have had to go in-between. We were told that we may have some 'accidents' in the house, this had been known to happen, but have not had any at all

G

• Medjai used to go once in the morning and once in the afternoon, but now as he is eating half his breakfast, and saving the rest for lunch, he goes three times a day. He doesn't really need to though, and will sometimes skip either lunch or dinner poop. I just have to know when he has to go, and when he doesn't, or I'll spend a couple hours walking him trying to get him to go to the bathroom, as we start to freeze. I've gotten good at figuring out within 20-30 minutes, on a normal to cold day, but when it's really cold, he will either go right away, or he doesn't have to.

• Ty poops once a day, but if it's raining, not at all until I walk him and force him to go outside. Katie poops 1-2 times a day. 2 is usual, 1 makes me keep an even closer eye on her, but so far so good. No problems.

I believe part of pooping is based upon how well the food is used/digested in the dogs. When I cut out the high protein, higher fat, food with a lot of filler, I got less poop, and fewer needs to poop.

IMHO as a pet owner, I think monitoring food/water intake and daily output of your dog (urine and fecal) are essential. Paying attention to the little things can thwart larger problems in the future.

Sorry Wizard, I went beyond your request. I know you know all this $#!t (pun intended), but I rode on your coat tails to remind other pet owners how important monitoring daily habits of our B's can be.

Best wishes to you and Luny.

• Yes, watching the dogs poo for color changes and consistancy can give you an idea of your dogs internal health.

• I noticed that when we take them on long walks, 3 or more miles, they poop 3 or 4 times. The first couple of time solid and the other two are runny. Maybe too much excitement?

• I'm glad to know diversity is fine - and yes I have noticed the type of food makes a difference too - that makes sense. It's just been a learning curve to have a dog that is sooo different than my previous ones.

• I have to say I laughed at that first post ("taboo") because I think we have talked rather candidly about our dogs' bowel movements on here. It's funny. Remember the hair poo thread? And I know we have had some posts about all kinds of colors coming out of our B's when they've eaten something they weren't supposed to.

Mine go twice a day….Zip is known to poo twice while at the park because she knows we'll be there awhile and there's no use pretending she doesn't have to go and holding it....She does that at home in the back yard when it's cold out and she wants back in.

• I find it interesting that the poll includes a spot for ' once every couple days '. If that's as much as your dog goes, he either isn't eating at all, or in in need of medical attention immediately.

• Chance was able to hold it for a day and still eat his meals when it's really rainy outside and he just will not go. Lately he has to go at least once even if it's nasty outside.

• Luny has done that once or twice (normally he's a once-a-day dog) when the temperature was really cold (below 0) here and he refused to go outside (except to pee next to the door).

Suggested Topics