I have the best mom/enabler ever!!!

• My mom HATES shopping, so for birthdays & Christmas my sister & I are required to write out a wish list for her. She does her shopping online & buys us only things we request, and then always throws in a good bit of cash for us to pick what we want on our own as well. Not very original or creative, but works out very well for us… We are never unhappy.
    This year, my mom carried on the tradition by buying me a stack of basenji related books I requested. Here's what I got:
    "Basenji" by Juliette Cunliffe
    "Basenjis: A Complete Pet Owner's Manual" by Mary Lou Kenworthy
    "Candle" by Sally Ann Smith
    "August Magic" by Veronica Anne Starbuck
    All of these were recommended by forum users, so thank you to everybody who posted in the "books" section for the leads. I can't wait to start reading!!!
    I also got, non basenji-related, "Best Hikes With Dogs, Georgia & South Carolina"
    Yay for moms!!

• Nice!

Good girl, Mom! Good girl! 😃

• What a great Mom.

• That is awesome, for my mom I hunt out the best deals and send her a list with links…it works really well.

• What a nice haul! Good mommy!

• Hey- I am not sure if it is dog friendly- but Kennesaw Mountain is a GREAT hike…..there is actually a smaller trail off to one side of the main trail that fewer people know about....kind of rocky, but you can see some neat wildlife.

• @Robin_n_Jack:

Hey- I am not sure if it is dog friendly- but Kennesaw Mountain is a GREAT hike…..there is actually a smaller trail off to one side of the main trail that fewer people know about....kind of rocky, but you can see some neat wildlife.

Funny you should mention it because mauigirl & I take our 4 to Kennesaw Mountain once a week!! It is GREAT! There is a 5 mile loop hike that really wears everybody out. Its perfect… we see tons of wildlife, lots of other dogs, everybody on the trail is very friendly. And best of all, everybody SLEEPS for the rest of the day!!! We LOVE it!

• And Wednesdays come highly recommended, I hear. Mostly because when you get caught with, oh, 4 dogs off leash the ranger who patrols just says "Don't let any other rangers see you". Carrie saw him first b/c she was in front and tried to slyly pretend we didn't know we were being bad. I, on the other hand, let out a HUGE gasp. I know, so subtle.

• Thats awesome! I used to do that hike all the time when I was a kid- never took a dog with me, though. I think the five mile loop hike is the one we used to do with school once a year.

Wow- I really miss that!

Suggested Topics