Skip to content

Zumi's first show and our first point!

Basenji Showing
  • Congrats on your little mans special day. :) And a special day for you….good luck tomorrow can't wait to hear how it goes.

  • thank you all, i hope to do more in the morning, but for now, here are some pictures of Zumi and i in the ring and with our ribbons(which will be framed w/ my armband in commemoration)

    hopefully more and better pictures tomorrow.

    ~Charlene

  • CONGRATS!!!!!!! The first ever point(s) are SO exciting! Good Luck today!!!!

  • Handsome boy!!!

  • He is very handsome, I agree!
    Congratulations, hope this is the first of many great experiences in the ring!

    Terry

  • Congratulations!

  • Congrats and what great pics! Very handsome boy! :)

  • thank you all! Sunday we did just as well, once again going WD, BOW and Best Puppy in Breed for another point! I was VERY proud of my baby. We decided to stay and try our luck in the puppy hound group. Judge Booxbaum was really considering him for group 4, but Zumi decided he'd had enough and lay down, so the Norwegian Elkhound got it. Al Well, we shall try again at teh next show.

    I got more pictures of him for Sunday, but am waiting to get them loaded.

    not bad for our first weekend out.

    ~Charlene

  • @SenjiShowgirl:

    thank you all! Sunday we did just as well, once again going WD, BOW and Best Puppy in Breed for another point! I was VERY proud of my baby. We decided to stay and try our luck in the puppy hound group. Judge Booxbaum was really considering him for group 4, but Zumi decided he'd had enough and lay down, so the Norwegian Elkhound got it. Al Well, we shall try again at teh next show.

    I got more pictures of him for Sunday, but am waiting to get them loaded.

    not bad for our first weekend out.

    ~Charlene

    He is a lovely puppy, and you are doing a great job showing him :) My puppy, on the other hand, was being a complete goofball (I guess that is what I get for not training him!!) The judge commented 'he was giving you fits today' ;)

    Congratulations, and it was fun meeting you :)

  • Congrats! You have a beautiful little guy!

Suggested Topics

  • Masai's and Geasy's success

    Basenji Showing
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    irenaI
    A few of Masai [image: picture.php?albumid=161&pictureid=1889] [image: picture.php?albumid=161&pictureid=1890] [image: picture.php?albumid=161&pictureid=1891] [image: picture.php?albumid=161&pictureid=1892]
  • She did it! Liyah's first points - a 3pt major

    Basenji Showing
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    9k Views
    K
    Congrats, way to go! Good for you guys, and good for Liyah!
  • Zoni's First Point!

    Basenji Showing
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    7k Views
    tanzaT
    In the US, for AKC Championship your dog needs a total of 15 points with 2 major wins. Points go from 1 to 5pts, with 3,4 and 5 being considered major point wins. Points are assigned by groups of areas or large states, such as California is one area. Here is a link to AKC with the detailed explanation http://www.akc.org/events/conformation/counting_points.cfm
  • Belle's 1st Show

    Basenji Showing
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    basiB
    @Janneke: Will you also let them run the next day? I don't know as they have never run before.
  • Kiya's First Show

    Basenji Showing
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    Ninabeana26N
    Both my fingers & Dallas' paws are crossed for Miss Kiya bear!!! :) Good luck!
  • It's a teeny brag, but it's all I have…

    Basenji Showing
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    JazzysMomJ
    LOL, Bryan. I suppose it comes from all those years of my mom telling me, and me telling my kids, that it's not polite to brag! LOL BUT, I really do have a Wall of Jazz in my family room that has a bulletin board with all her ribbons, and the three show 8x10's next to it. So, maybe that's my subtle way of bragging to everyone that enters the room…?