Extended Breed Standard of Basenji

• I like that! Especially the 6 heads lined up with the differences pointed out. Apart from differences in head and tail the only thing about my two that I notice as different is that Riley has more shelf than Zip. But the whole angle shoulder thing is totally lost on me. And good fronts?! Umm…Carrie and I need to go to some dog shows here.

• Let's go. If you can supersleuth it & find some, I'm all for going.

• The easiest way to find if a AKC show is going to be in your area is to do a search using the AKC event search function, http://www.akc.org/events/search/

Select you state and the timeframe and do a search.

You are both in Georgia, right?

There are shows in Atlanta this coming weekend the 22, 23, 24 at the Atlanta Exposition Center, http://www.onofrio.com/jp/LAVL2JP.pdf

• Thanks for the reminder, Lisa. I'll post this on the GA Basenji list. 🙂

• I'm up for going. Even if I might not really know what's going on without sitting next to someone who does….

I noticed the "Georgia Classic" show around Sept 20-something. 94 pages of premium. I was like whoa. I'm not very practiced in reading a non lure coursing premium. I don't quite know what's worth going to for B people. There's some hound group rally and obedience, I suppose some basenjis will be in that....

We have some time to figure it out...

• @mauigirl:

I'm up for going. Even if I might not really know what's going on without sitting next to someone who does….

I noticed the "Georgia Classic" show around Sept 20-something. 94 pages of premium. I was like whoa. I'm not very practiced in reading a non lure coursing premium. I don't quite know what's worth going to for B people. There's some hound group rally and obedience, I suppose some basenjis will be in that....

We have some time to figure it out...

Most likely not many in Rally and OB, I don't know too many, if any in that area off hand…
    The reason the premium is so large is that the shows are called a cluster and there is a separate premium for each day of the show... you can learn somewhat about shows at http://www.akc.org/events/conformation/beginners.cfm

• I believe that there is at least one person in Georgia does Rally and Obedience with her dogs. I don't know if she will be going to the Georgia Classic though.

• I think she's on the Georgia Basenji yahoo list, she replied to Robyn's post about the show this weekend. She was going to have a female in Rally but she came in season. She's showing her pup from Ch. SunDiata's Pi R Squared x Ch. Select Lothlorien Elentari….Would be fun to meet her, don't know if she's on the forum..

I just realized it's Saturday...oops. Looks like I'm going tomorrow.

• If on the premium there are only certain breeds listed under group headings, does that mean those are the only breeds from that group that will be shown on that day?

• Depends on where you are looking. Some breeds are listed because they are giving special trophies or hold sweepstakes. Or do you mean in the list where they state who the judge is?

• Oh whoops, it does say breed prizes at the top. My bad. I did find where the judges are listed…and there's a judge for Basenjis for tomorrow so...I wish I could bring Zip to watch, bring her back to her showin' days, haha.

• The Onofrio site seems to be down right now. Does anyone have the time that Basenjis will show Sunday?

• The site is up now.

Sunday Aug 24

16 Basenjis entered

ring 17

12:50 pm after Boykin Spaniels and Bassett Hounds

• Robyn, if Carrie and I go can we find you, sit with you and bombard you with questions about basenji conformation?? Just kidding about the last part, haha 😃

• @mauigirl:

Robyn, if Carrie and I go can we find you, sit with you and bombard you with questions about basenji conformation?? Just kidding about the last part, haha 😃

Absolutely 😃

• @Janneke:

For the ones that are interested:

http://www.ankc.org.au/_uploads/docs/23576BasenjiBSE.pdf

Thanks for that link Janneke, that was really interesting and useful! 🙂

• Houston

How interesting, I just looked at this myself this morning.

• Very interesting and lot to take in.

Rita Jean

Suggested Topics