Skip to content

New to Showing Basenjis

Basenji Showing
  • Im new to showing basenjis and have a 5 mo. old. I know that tails get trimmed but was wondering if anyone shave the insides of the ears and the hind end. would appreciate any tips as well. Also does anyone use chalk to brighten the legs up? Thanks.

Suggested Topics

  • UK Basenji Owners - Northern Basenji Club

    Basenji Showing
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    8k Views
    lukrisL
    Our entry has been sent last week. Thanks for the reminder guys :)
  • Show Class

    Basenji Showing
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    Rita JeanR
    Look up local dog clubs in your area. Ours in Missouri is Greater Kansas City Dog Training Club. They have Obedience and training for shows. Hope this helps. Rita Jean
  • First Show???

    Basenji Showing
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    8k Views
    JannekeJ
    @lvoss: If you can find a copy, I would recommend trying to get a hold of a copy of the Basenji Stacked and Moving by Robert Cole. They are no longer in print and can get quite expensive but every so often you can luck upon a copy that is reasonably priced. Here is an online copy: http://www.basenjiclubofcanada.com/BCOC-BobCole.html
  • EBC show?

    Basenji Showing
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    7k Views
    S
    I will be there fri afternoon thru sun.. I hope to see you!
  • New Champion!!!!

    Basenji Showing
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    YodelDogsY
    Congratulations! I bet you are on cloud 9! :)
  • Show Luxemburg

    Basenji Showing
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    8k Views
    AmberedA
    oh my! that is wonderful! congratulations!