Skip to content

Vaccinations 101 – The Whole Dog Journal August 2008 issue

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Some info on vaccinations

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    16k Views
    N
    @kjdonkers Thanks for answering so quickly! I'm glad & happy to hear the boys are doing well! It's great to hear that they got hired by a Company & you said it perfectly, ... "their special skills and talents". :)
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Liver issues

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    74
    0 Votes
    74 Posts
    57k Views
    tanzaT
    And in the end, just treasure your time together and give him the best care you can.. which to me sometimes means just keeping them comfortable…. that is the best any of us can do...
  • Issue?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    P
    This could possibly be a minor epileptic attack. I have seen a video of many forms of these attacks (no basenjis) many of them very different and this was an example. A canine neurologist could confirm.
  • Incontinence Issues

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    7k Views
    tanzaT
    @ramseyclea: I didn't know incontinence was one of the symptoms of hypothyroidism. So, I'm kind of glad to hear that. I know the weight gain and low energy level are definitely symptoms (I suffer from hypothyroidism myself). I will tell the vet to do the ful panel. Thanks for all the advice! This is such a great resource! There are many things that can be a result of low thyroid…. maybe not directly connected, but a off shoot of the condition. My OJ was loaded with hives... and regardless of what we gave him they would come back over and over... finally tested his thyroid and it was very, very low... put him on Soloxine and never another hive.... so while hives is not generally a symtom of low thyroid, the fact that it lowered immunities in other respects, hives popped up.... Not saying this is the cause... but again her age is pretty young for this problem, IMO. So best to rule out other things before moving on to hormones... and again I would still not rule out a UTI
  • Vaccines & Pregnant Dogs

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied