Another, YOUR Darned Dog!! moment with Keoki

• We currently have a Chinese student staying with us for three and a half weeks in a cultural exchange program. The students are home with us every evening and weekend and at conversational English classes/field trips from 9 - 4 each week day.
    We hadn't planned to have a student here, but the night before they arrived {so, AFTER he was already on the plane} they needed an emergency placement because something had gone awry with the family scheduled to take him, and we just happened to stop by the coordinator's house for a moment…... the next day we had a Chinese boy!}

Needless to say, our 14 yr Student - American name "William" {thanks to the foresighted English teacher in China, they all came with names we can pronounce!} -- is a bit overwhelmed by our family of 8, with 3 dogs, and 2 cats. 😃

He's adapting pretty well, adjusting okay to the dogs, though he is still a bit cautious. I know he thinks we are extremely odd for not just having three dogs, but for having them in the house and for having a dog cage take up almost an entire room. :p

Anyway, these kids traveled light - he only brought his school bag and one large backpack for clothes. He brought 3 pair of socks. Just 3.

So, yesterday he forgot to close his bedroom door. Keoki took advantage of that golden opportunity . . . . to eat 2 pair of William's socks. :eek: :mad:
    You KNOW William has to be wondering why we don't just throw the darned dogs into the stew pot!! But he was quite gracious, and accepted the 6 new pair of socks I bought him, even though the quality was no where near that of the socks he'd brought with him -- I looked everywhere in my small town and just couldn't match the quality of those socks. 😞 I'm hoping his mother isn't too annoyed, though I have to think we've committed some kind of offense.

We still have 2.5 weeks to go. I wonder what else the dog will do before then?

• I think they should be able to scare him half to death when they get going-although he should have seen the Basenji 500 by now!

• Hahaha. 2.5 more weeks…I'd have probably bought more socks :p

• @nomrbddgs:

I think they should be able to scare him half to death when they get going-although he should have seen the Basenji 500 by now!

I think Jazz scared the crap out of him when she first got annoyed at Gypsy – Gypsy had dared to walk near the pillow on which the little African Princess was laying, and the Tasmanian Devil sounds kicked in. :eek:
    Then, when my 15 yo dd picked Jazz up to move her {we do not allow her to push Gypsy around d/t Gypsy's age}, the noises got louder {directed at Gypsy, not dd}.
    William's eyes got HUGE :eek: . We had to laugh and try to explain that it was okay....

• @JazzysMom:

You KNOW William has to be wondering why we don't just throw the darned dogs into the stew pot!!

bwahahahaha Because basenjis are too sleek and lean, not enough fat on the little rascals to make good stew, of course!:D

Suggested Topics