• Sounds like she is really close…. Maybe for a change, you will get "day time" puppies....

• Maybe, that would be nice. She has settled down again for now.

• I take back the settled down, she is just very slowly migrating from the guest bedroom to the living room and back, now she is check out master bedroom. So I guess she is just taking a leisurely grand tour of the house scoping out where she wants the pups.

• NEWS!?!?!

I'm keeping your blog open in one of my browser tabs. Of course the B Forum is almost always open in a tab also. Puppies? Still touring the house?

I keep seeing new posts from you in other threads and I"m like ggggguuuuh tell us!

• It has been a very long day. Hard labor started at about 7:30am. At 8:15am the first puppy was delivered, a black boy. After that she was pretty frantic for about an hour. She couldn't really settle. We would let her have her boy and he would nurse for a while then she would get too frantic and was moving around too much so we would take him away. At 9:25 contractions started again. The continued for an hour with no puppy and she was pushing hard each time they hit so we called the vet. They had us come in for an x-ray. The pups were just not moving toward the birth canal. The vet was worried if she kept pushing so hard for so long she would get too tired to keep delivering so she gave her a shot of oxytocin to help move them along. At 11:30am the second puppy was delivered, another black boy. At 11:55 the third puppy was born, another black boy. At 12:30 the last puppy was born, a red girl. From the x-ray there was still something in there so another shot of oxy. We found that it was a partially reabsorbed fetus. So she got another shot of oxy before she was sent home. She is comfortably napping while the pups nurse and nap. Pictures soon.

• Oh my I hope everyone is OK (including you). Congratulations. I bet you are beat too.

• Congrats to TC and Kinetic Basenjis….. glad to hear all is OK now... I can bet it was pretty stressful for a while there.... and for anyone wanting to breed... take heart... it is not for the faint of heart...

• Congratulations, Lisa! I can't wait to see photos!

• Congratulations!! Can't wait to see them 🙂

• Here are the pics.

Puppy 1, black boy. Born at 8:15am weighing 8.1 oz.

Puppy 2, black boy. Born at 11:30am weighing 8.8 oz.

Puppy 3, black boy. Born at 11:55am weighing 8.8 oz.

Puppy 4, red girl. Born at 12:30am weighing 8.5 oz.

attachment_p_54932_0_puppy1-1.jpg
    attachment_p_54932_1_bellaakapuupy4-1.jpg
    attachment_p_54932_2_puppy2-1.jpg
    attachment_p_54932_3_puppy3-1.jpg

• How very precious. Are all reds dark like that on their face and ears?

• They usually start out with lots of black hairs in their coats and then lose them as they age.

• Awwwww . . .

when you get a chance could you post some pics of the wittle pink toesies? i just love baby puppy toesies, so soft and squishy. puppy breath, i can take or leave, but the toes . . .

• On the reds, that is also called "masking"… you know, like the "Lone Ranger" wearing a mask... it does fad usually... but there are some pedigrees that are known for masking and some is quite heavy. Zuri Basenji's are known for masking... and it is mostly the Tri factor influence or the Black gene....

• They're all so beautiful! Wow - the boys have LOTS of black in them! Those pink toes…LOVE them, all spread out. TC did a great job delivering her very healthy looking pups - what a trooper. You too Lisa...Congrats to all. Best wishes for a quiet, restful sleep tonight. 🙂

• Glad to hear everyone - humans and basenjis - are doing well. So cute!

• Congratulations Lisa! What a bunch of cuties!

• Oh they are adorable!!! Huge congrats Lisa!! Just love boy number 2 🙂

• Congratulations to TC, Lisa, your mom and everybody else involved in the litter! Glad everything worked out okay 🙂

• OMG I have been WAY too busy and not online for a while….CONGRATS Lisa. What great pics of the little monsters. 😃

Suggested Topics