Skip to content

Please help need home in florida

Basenji Rescue

Suggested Topics

  • Need help with our basenji mix!!

    Basenji Rescue
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    13k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Some things cannot be fixed. I urge you to get a qualified behaviorist (veterinary) to evaluate him. If he is truly unstable, rehoming him is not fair to him or the new home.
  • Help needed

    Basenji Rescue
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    5k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    My dogs are secured in crates or the bedroom (Rotties were okay behind a gate, I'd never trust my basenjis with one) if the door is open. Every time, every single time, for my entire adult life. So yeah, dog bolts, the person failed to secure the dog. Unless some person enters if you don't know it, tree falls on house, burglar comes in, police raid your house by mistake etc… if YOU open a door, YOU are responsible, not the dog.
  • 0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    lvossL
    I think in all fairness, you should include the link to your post that was made after his second behavioral evaluation, http://www.basenjiforums.com/showthread.php?8816-Need-Home-for-Basenji The behaviorists did not "fail" to rehabilitate him, they gave a recommendation you were unwilling to live with.
  • Basenji in Greece needs home

    Basenji Rescue
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Thanks Lauren!
  • Sid Needs a Home

    Basenji Rescue
    96
    0 Votes
    96 Posts
    81k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    I have no idea where the dog went to, but maybe someone on here does. I heard about your car accident long after and am just glad you are okay. (( hugs ))
  • Oatmeal in DC needs help

    Basenji Rescue
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    8k Views
    tanzaT
    @knf106: He does have papers, from the ACA. I'm not sure who the sire and the dam are on the papers, because Oatie is not with me (I'm in NJ and he's in DC). Thanks, if you happen to talk to anyone that has access to the papers, would be good to know what they say. And it is good that Tonda, who works for an org. that works with these kinds of problem dogs is willing to take him. Hopefully one of the first things they do is a thyroid test and full medical workup…. and hopefully they can rehab him and be able to place him. I would guess it will be a long road, but good that he is going someplace that has worked with these kinds of behavior problems.