• Yesterday Roxy, Mirtillo's Australian girlfriend, came over for a visit.

Helloooooo Mirtillo!!

Give me a big KISS..

Roxy.. great that you're here.. but could you PLEASE get of MY pillow?!

Thanks

Some playing:

Pretty Roxy:

And ears full of boxer drool

• Those are hysterical! I like how they lie on cushions while they fight. Hey! Nothing says comfort has to be sacrificed to have fun! The one where is Roxy is licking Mirtillo so hard his eye is shut is funny. And, if you had another basenji there, it would have gone crazy trying to clean up the boxer slobber on Mirtillo's neck.

Question: I know that the boxer's ears aren't cropped but do you also not dock the boxer tail? If not, how does that affect showing the boxer at an international show?

Pat

• @BasenjiDiva:

Question: I know that the boxer's ears aren't cropped but do you also not dock the boxer tail? If not, how does that affect showing the boxer at an international show?

Pat

Roxy comes from Australia and there they only crop/dock the showpups. She isn't/wasn't meant for showing. In the Netherlands it's illegal to crop/dock and remove dewclaws. So no problem showing.

And… honestly.. isn't she a BEAUTY with tail???? 🙂

• @BasenjiDiva:

Those are hysterical! I like how they lie on cushions while they fight. Hey! Nothing says comfort has to be sacrificed to have fun! The one where is Roxy is licking Mirtillo so hard his eye is shut is funny. And, if you had another basenji there, it would have gone crazy trying to clean up the boxer slobber on Mirtillo's neck.
    Pat

Two lazy pups.. that's all I can say 😉

Mirtillo tried to clean Roxy's mouth everytime she drank some water.. too cute!

• Oh, he likes the BIG girls…yea...
    Wonderful photos.

• They look like they had a great time:D

Belle gets covered in slobber at the dog club on a regular basis:rolleyes: as her best friend there is a rottie called Murphy, then when she gets home Cali & Kwame try to clean her up.

• What fun pictures!!!! The one where Mirtillo's eye is shut cracks me up!

Apache always plays with his favorite bloodhound, China, at shows and she slobbers all over him…we always say it makes his coat nice and shiny for the ring!

That's the first time I've ever seen a boxer without it's tail cropped.

• @Janneke:

And… honestly.. isn't she a BEAUTY with tail???? 🙂

Yes, she really is beautiful! That's a lot of woman for Mirtillo!!

Pat

• I personally LOVE Boxer's natural ears… and I've never seen one with a natural tail. It really is nice.
    Booger's favorite type of dog at the park is boxers.. they're the only ones with enough energy to keep up with him for any length of time. He always gets excited about boxers.

Suggested Topics