Skip to content

Barrooo I'm new to this forum

Member Introductions
  • Hi everyone!

    I'm new to this forum. I have had 4 basenjis all together.

    My first one Sebastian a red and white boy - Beautiful my first baby - born 1994 and passed away 2001 due to complications from Fanconi.

    My second Shanghai a read and white girl - Born 1996 - I think she's gone (long story for another day)

    My third Morpheus a brindle boy my oldest now he's great - Born 1999

    My fourth Shai a read and white girl my youngest and the smallest - Born 2001.

    I absolutely love Basenjis –- would never go without one well actually 2:D

    Happy to be part of this group!

  • Hi snoopyslove! Welcome to Basenji Forums!

    If you have any photos of your Basenji(s) It would be great if you can post them in the Show Off Your Dog thread.

    Let us know if you need help posting your photos or have any other questions about getting around these forums.

  • Hi and welcome! Please do post about your dog you say you think is "gone." Sounds bad. :(

    Debra

  • Hi Amber, welcome to the Forums!

    Lots of fun Basenji talk here, I think you'll enjoy it.

    Give Morpheus a hug, oh, ok, Shai can have one too. Tex sends his brother a big Barroo!

    Terry

Suggested Topics

  • Hi Everyone! I'm new here.

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    11k Views
    N
    @SethS Hi & Welcome Seth! Your new girl is gorgeous!! I just love the red & whites and the brindle & whites! My first girl, Darla was red & white so that color really tugs hard at my heart. My second, Dorie was brindle & white & now, brindles tug pretty hard at my heart too but, I know I can't have the darker brindle....too much like my Dorie. I'm not saying I'd get another red/white just because of the color.....there would have to be more than the color! But your new girl is really gorgeous!! I'm sorry about your other one & I'm sure that you look to see if the gate is closed now. It's sad that we learn a lesson like that but I bet you don't have that accident again! Congrats on your new sweetheart!!
  • I'm new here!

    Member Introductions
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    6k Views
    Chealsie508C
    It's hard to wait but take it from me; enjoy not living your life by the clock while you can..once the puppy comes you will find yourself looking at that clock and setting timers to go out to potty, eating…enjoy peaceful sleep and freedom..because once the puppy comes its a prison sentence for a little while (not to sound like a downer..lol) I was so excited to pick up Oakley that I picked him up a few days short of ten weeks; I wish I prepared a bit more mentally for such a huge event..Oakley was a tough cookie...so glad puppyhood is over! I miss the tiny body and cute little wrinkles but that's what pictures are for!! Lol Congratulations and don't rush it, be excited for it but enjoy the time Between then and now
  • New to Forum/New to Basenjis

    Member Introductions
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    Welcome and congratulations! I have two BRATS myself, and a third basenji as well. So beware, they ARE like potato chips (You can't have just one) I love her name, she is gorgeous. Can't wait to hear all about her Homecoming!
  • New on forum but not new to B's

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    khanisK
    Before you get a puppy… go to the Basenji Club of Canada and Basenji Club of America websites and read up on Fanconi and other heritable diseases. ANY breeder not testing for these disease is NOT someone you should spend your time or money on one of their puppies. Too bad you didn't look 4-5 months ago... there was a lovely litter of Khani's pups up in Drumheller! Best of luck to you!
  • Hi I'm new here!!!

    Member Introductions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    JannekeJ
    Welcome to the forum from another Dutch member! We would love to see pics of Lootah :)
  • Hi…I'm new!

    Member Introductions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    8k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    Hi and welcome! When you let her out, I hope you are out also. Sadly, underground fencing is very dangerous… call the closest 10 shelters to find how many dogs they pick up with collars. They get excited, run through it, then can't come back. Also, while it might normally keep your dog in, it won't keep others OUT. But with supervision, they are GREAT so that they get freedom but you are there if a problem arises.