• I have decided to give Medjai a little bite of my food. I don't know whether he likes it or not. It was gefilte fish. He took it with the lightest of touches, put it on the ground, pawed at it, tried to roll on it and smushed it into the carpet. I had to get out the vacuum and vacuum it up, fighting Medjai trying to eat it still. Well, now he really likes that spot on the carpet, still no word on the actually liking the taste though.

• Too funny! We had a spot on the carpet where we had dropped a piece of our dinner & we were very quick to clean it up and I even used some spot remover on the carpet & then cleaned that really well…but Jackpot still LOVES that spot & licks and chews on the carpet there if we aren't watching him closely.:rolleyes:

• @etzbseder:

I have decided to give Medjai a little bite of my food. I don't know whether he likes it or not. It was gefilte fish. He took it with the lightest of touches, put it on the ground, pawed at it, tried to roll on it and smushed it into the carpet. I had to get out the vacuum and vacuum it up, fighting Medjai trying to eat it still. Well, now he really likes that spot on the carpet, still no word on the actually liking the taste though.

Michael… that is too funny... good for you... for even trying it...;)

You know that Basenji love to roll in "dead" things that smell like fish.... so he is right on.... not that you needed gefilte fish rolled and grounded into your carpet....

• ummm, be careful with fish. Unless Blaze is just 'special'… any kind of seafood and he has an impressive greasy rocket poo display. After the oyster incident, he can't go over to my parent's house anymore. It took forever and a lot of Dawn grease cutting action to clean that wall...
    We have learned well

• I think that is probably due to the oyster, Knipper. There is a lot of dog food with salmon in it, so I don't think regular fish, especially in small amounts has that kind of an effect.

Yeah, Pat, he also likes the little piece of matzo that I gave him. I think it's mostly due to the thin cracker rumbling when he nibbles at it.

Suggested Topics