Skip to content

Meeka's first dog park trip!

Basenji Talk
  • So our local dog park re-opened yesterday since the weather is getting nicer.. there is a huge pond in the middle so it had to close during winter when it was frozen.. so today was meeka's first time going, and she went to chase a duck and dog, who went into the pond.. meeka (typical "i wont go pee in the rain" basenji) and she chased the dog/duck right into the pond!! i couldnt believe me eyes!! she went about 15 feet in to! i dont think she really realized it was a pond and was just chasing the other dog.. but i had to share.. i was just so amazed with what i was seeing!! wish i would have gotten a picture but it all happened too fast!

  • Basenjis will go into water to play, just not to pee or bathe. Glad she had such a good time at the park.

    Anne in Tampa

Suggested Topics

  • Pavlov's Dog?

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    4k Views
    K
    Even though I don't have a basenji , but I have a black Lab. He drools every time I take him outside and play catch with him. YUK!! slobber all over the ball, slime city, drool just dripping off his ball.
  • Scarlett's first baroo!

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    NatalplumN
    I have to agree with Andrea, it scared the crap out of us too. Mick is not a vocal boy but when he does Baroo I wish he would do it again. It's so sweet.
  • It's raining.. it's pouring.. my lovely morning.

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    Lol, they are major heat slugs when it cold/wet aren't they!?
  • My brother's dog, Annie

    Basenji Talk
    13
    0 Votes
    13 Posts
    7k Views
    L
    Sometimes the best medicine is to be around those you love. Hopefully being with her family will help her continue to heal. Thanks for the update….keep us posted. (Sending healing thoughts to Annie)
  • Who's got a morning dog?

    Basenji Talk
    22
    0 Votes
    22 Posts
    13k Views
    BeckisB
    I never heard of a morning basenji before. Do they realy exist…
  • First dog park experience!

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    ?
    Yeah there are a good amount of them down here every weekend we see basenji's @ the dog park. I heard there are alote in New York too. They actually have a basenji dog park meet up I saw a picture on line and it must have been like 35 B's!