• They do that with my son's dress shoes, acts like they are catnip!

• Kwame chewed my husbands brand new Ecco golf shoes last year:eek: he wasn't very impressed as you can imagine:mad:
    It is the only pair of shoes he has ever chewed so must have had something about them. Needless to say he doesn't leave any shoes lying around anymore.

• My Nicky has only eaten (not chewed, but eaten) Birkenstocks and my Dansk clogs, oh yeah, and a pair of ColeHahn sandals a few years go. I don't usually buy expensive shoes, and only on sale, but she does not care for my regular shoes, only the pricy ones. Must be something in that good leather…...

• @MacPack:

My Nicky has only eaten (not chewed, but eaten) Birkenstocks and my Dansk clogs, oh yeah, and a pair of ColeHahn sandals a few years go. I don't usually buy expensive shoes, and only on sale, but she does not care for my regular shoes, only the pricy ones. Must be something in that good leather…...

And a good reminder that if you don't pick up after yourself and put things away.. or "up" high… it tends to be history..... There is one good thing about a Basenji.. they remind us all that a clean/neat house is a "safe" house for "stuff".....................

• @BasenjiDiva:

DH has few luxuries but he does like good shoes… preferably those made by Ecco. They have that good leather smell....which is NOT why he likes them; he likes the way they fit. However, Cory and Jayden LOVE the way they smell and if we leave the closet door open, they go in and roll all over his shoes and ram their noses as far in the shoes as they can. They are like cats crazed by catnip. It is hysterical to watch two basenjis gyrating over a row of men's shoes. They have no interest in my shoes. (Of course, I get run of the mill shoes that are probably made mostly of synthetic materials! Little basenji snobs!) Does anyone else have dogs with a shoe fetish?

Pat

Jazzy in particular, but also Keoki, goes NUTS over Darren's leather work shoes every night. I can't believe how far in she can cram her nose! And the rolling, rolling, rolling all over them.

Occasionally when we have guests with leather shoes she is also all over them. Fortunately, so far everyone has been amused by a dog rolling all over their feet…..:o

• My husband ordered some lambskin bedroom shoes, well, they came in the mail and the mailman put them on the steps. My husband and I were out running errands when the mail came and when we turned in the driveway we saw a box that had been chewed up and all over the yard. Then we saw the bedroom shoes in the yard, one here and the other one on the other side of the yard. We could not believe it, she loved those shoes, not damaged but a little wet from chewing. I think we got home just in time, but when he wears those shoes she still tries to get them off of him, it is the smell of the leather I think. He does not leave them outside his closet, ever!!!!

• Many years ago, my first basenji did that with my friend's shoes. We figured it was because she had a ferret. Of course my first basenji also did that with catnip.

• @Basenji_Boy:

Oh my yes…....especially right after work when I first kick them off.........they love them. ICKKY.:D

Nala does this too…I always tease my MIL's husband and my sister and sometimes DH and say, "Nala LOVES shoes...the stinkier, the better!!" LOL!

• C3PO could care LESS about shoes. And Topaz just loves leather shoes…uuughh :mad: And shoe laces!! :eek: I'm so confused!

She's eaten several pairs of shoe laces on DH's work shoes :mad: he now must keep a shoelace stash in case he grabs his shoes for work & the laces are missing...or eaten. She also completely destroyed my leather Sketchers nothing left but the sole cushions 😞

• Jack went after a pair of boots…I really like these boots, they had lambswool trim and lining. They were really comfy. He tore the lambswool trim to pieces.

He also chews the pockets on my wool winter jackets. I wonder if he can smell the sheep.

Suggested Topics