• Hi all,
    Just curious if there are any opinions from owners/breeders on B's that have pink on their nose? Our little guy has some pink on his nose and the breeder said it would most likely go away (I really don't care one way or the other)…but is it anything I should really worry about? Any idea how common it is to have a B with pink on their nose (I noticed a few pics on the forum with pink-spotted noses) πŸ™‚ BTW...We don't plan on showing our B...he's going to be a companion dog.

• Our boy has a big blotch of pink on his nose. I was told the same thing as you about it fading and it hasn't faded much. He is now a year and a half old. When I take him lure coursing I put a little dab of spf on his nose. I've noticed it will burn if I dont.

• Dallas had a pink streak across his nose when we got him but it's pretty much all gone now [he's almost 4 months old]. It's a shame too because I thought it was the cutest darn thing!

• Nina,
    Yea, I kinda like the pink on his little nose (gives him character πŸ˜‰ and I don't mind if it stays…but only time will tell πŸ™‚

• If the pup has a lot of white around the nose it sometime takes longer for the black to fill in. Here you can see pups as they grow and watch the black fill on their noses.

http://www.basenjinet.net/2004_litter_album/

• @lvoss:

If the pup has a lot of white around the nose it sometime takes longer for the black to fill in. Here you can see pups as they grow and watch the black fill on their noses.

http://www.basenjinet.net/2004_litter_album/

See, it's people like you posting pictures like that make people like me want to breed Basenjis. πŸ˜ƒ

Don't worry; I won't. But, my oh my! Those puppies!!

• @JazzysMom:

See, it's people like you posting pictures like that make people like me want to breed Basenjis. πŸ˜ƒ

Don't worry; I won't. But, my oh my! Those puppies!!

Yeah, the pictures don't really convey all the work. Just think about how much poop breeders have to clean up! My puppy buyers are so lucky, they get to come over and visit every weekend, take cute photos while I do all the work cleaning up after the pups and chasing them all over as they get more and more mobile. And that litter was a challenge, they were able to climb over a baby gate with ease at 5 weeks old.

• All three of the basenji's we have had have lovely pink spots on their noses. We thought because they have all come from the same breeder, over a course of about 20 years that was something than ran in the dogs. Our B/W had a spot, the R/W does also but you have to look hard to find the one on our tri girl. It makes them unique and its a great spot to give a kiss on

• You can look at my Gallery for pictures of our brindle Boy Jasper, who had a pink spot on his nose. It took a long time to go black, well over a year and he still has a little tiny bit of white remaining.

• Thanks for all the replies to my question. πŸ™‚ I'm glad to hear that other B's have them and I like the response that says the pinks spot is a good place to give a kiss πŸ™‚

Suggested Topics