• @StellaGirl:

well today iam looking for a new home for all the cats. I just feel realy realy bad and dh is so happy he hates cats and now maybe i can make it look like the new chi ran away cause i know some one who will take him i just dont know how to do it

Thats kinda drastic, I'm guessing that your mother is not coming to reason on this? From your earlier posts it does sound like you have a house full. Dogs are like humans in ways like say you usually get along with everyone but there is just the ONE person that you don't get along with, dogs are like that too in ways.

Here's how I can explain it from my dogs point of view. Tiggy, my basenji, loves meeting and playing with other dogs. He's never had a problem with any of them, gender and altered doesn't matter; however, I have a friend that has a Thai Ridgeback, Tiggy can't stand him and every time he's seen that dog he growls. They never had an altercation or anything, Tiggy just doesn't like that one dog. Reggie, my boxer, he doesn't like bigger dogs but s great with smaller dogs. Then there's the dog and people mix also. Tiggy adores one of my closest friends and when ever he sees her he yodels and sings up a storm (this is also the same person who owns the Thai dog). Reggie is a dog that loves everyone and is often called the gentle giant. He'll let a 3 yr old walk him down the street and not even pull if he sees a squirrel (wouldn't believe it if I hadn't seen it myself). There is however one person that Reggie doesn't like, I have no idea why, there is a young boy that lives in my neighborhood; I'd say he's between 12-14 yrs old. A very nice young man, always says hello when you walk by and has NEVER done a mean thing to Reggie; but something about him that we as people can't smell/sense/understand makes Reggie very much dislike this child. I mean to the point of hackles up and teeth barred and him putting himself between me and the kid.

In the end there are times when same animals cannot live together. You are not fond of the gates through out your house. Have you considered the gates that are walk through? Those are an option. It's unfortunate that you are in a tough situation, but maybe you do need to put your foot down with your mother and tell her that; yes you know her Chi is getting old, and the new chi is a rescue in sorts, but from the sound of it, your home is not the best place for this dog.

• hello every one i know i have not been on the site for a while but the b and the chi are best of friends now my puter died time for a new one and we have no more cats thank god

• So, its all good then?

Suggested Topics