• @nala121498:

Let me know when you're ready for a "sister"…Nala got into the garbage yesterday...

😃 😃 😃

Or maybe a young Brindle Brother with a passion for pillow fuzz.:D

• @nala121498:

IMO, it's the quirks that make him a Basenji and he's just perfect, mix or no mix, as you know! And I agree with BB - he couldn't have asked for a better Mom. Let me know when you're ready for a "sister"…Nala got into the garbage yesterday...

Aww thank you!! I fall deeply for my 4-legged babies. They have a way of jumping right into my heart. Duke lives in a lap of luxury compared to where he came from, (if he'd only stop destroying his privileges) as will his "sister or brother" (live-in playmate).
    @Basenji:

Or maybe a young Brindle Brother with a passion for pillow fuzz.

The brindle brother and he have the same passion. Have you heard I need a new sofa?

• Oh no! I am just cringing thinking about the day I have to say that I need a new sofa!!! Just recently, Joey has been much more mischievous! I think that he is not getting enough exercise with the cold weather and lazy kids that are supposed to take him out (in addition to my walks). Jill, I actually have a cream colored sofa and chair that I might be willing to part with. (I hesitate as I think I may need it as soon as I'd sell it!!!) Oh nevermind, I have a spare sofa and loveseat too! ( have too much furniture from consolidating households…long story.) Hope the damage to your sofa can be covered by a pillow!!

• @JoeyQ:

Hope the damage to your sofa can be covered by a pillow!!

A couch cover seems to hide all of the Basenji "handy work" in our house.

When Max was a pup, he destroyed a love seat, I think he thought he was digging a tunnel somewhere….....a cover couldn't even help that mess.:mad:

• BBOY maybe he was digging to China?!! LOL 😃

C3 & TOPAZ love to scratch the couches (no ripping) & it looks like they're digging a whole….maybe they all meet up in China for a B meeting ha! 🙂

• @Basenji_Boy:

A couch cover seems to hide all of the Basenji "handy work" in our house.

When Max was a pup, he destroyed a love seat, I think he thought he was digging a tunnel somewhere….....a cover couldn't even help that mess.:mad:

I bought a cover - It changes the look I was trying to achieve 😞 , but . . . I'll hold off buying a new one for another year in case Duke's playmate comes to live with us this year.

I have to giggle thinking about what your love seat must have looked like. I bet you were more than :mad:! Guess you had to take alot of deep breaths while looking at Max, the cute little puppy! :rolleyes:

Duke hasn't been seen digging the sofa since then, but when I caught him, it did look like he was in a big hurry - late for the Basenji Convention in "China" LOL.

• @Duke:

I bet you were more than :mad:! Guess you had to take alot of deep breaths while looking at Max, the cute little puppy! :rolleyes:

Duke hasn't been seen digging the sofa since then, but when I caught him, it did look like he was in a big hurry - late for the Basenji Convention in "China" LOL.

LOL:D 😃

I wasn't near as mad as my wife was:D …......we had to carry that thing out to the trash, it was history. Even with a cover, if you sat in that thing you where on the floor. It was an old item that was about finished anyway, he just finished it off.

That's when we started thinking, well, maybe he needs a playmate to keep him busy. Right about then everyone that knows us thought we had really lost it. "He did that to a couch and you want another one"?????:eek: :rolleyes:

Special breed, special people.:D

• @Basenji_Boy:

LOL:D 😃
    That's when we started thinking, well, maybe he needs a playmate to keep him busy. Right about then everyone that knows us thought we had really lost it. "He did that to a couch and you want another one"?????:eek: :rolleyes:

Special breed, special people.:D

LOL!! 😃 Now you have 6? Are you hinting that a playmate for Duke could snowball? :eek: Seriously - was Max your 1st B? Too funny! 😃

• @Duke:

LOL!! 😃 Now you have 6? Are you hinting that a playmate for Duke could snowball? :eek: Seriously - was Max your 1st B? Too funny! 😃

If you have the Basenji weakness like we do…....Senji fever:D 😃 😃

Yes, Max was the first, then we got Cleo to wear him down a little and take the edge off....that worked out good. Then we thought well Cleo is missing out on raising puppies so we bought Penny.....and Cleo was the perfect Mother.

The wife wanted to get involved in showing dogs so we brought in Raven..........it just snowballed from there. Raven doesn't show anymore she never finished, she hated it, ears back and tail down the whole time she was anywhere near a ring. Enter Willy, he's the next show project, and Jasper..........he was given to me as a gift by a friend........the only freebie. Willy doesn't like to go to shows by himself so Jasper and he are traveling buddies.:D It's just a hobby for my wife, she has a goal of finishing a Basenji......I support her in her goal.🆒

I won't even go into how we ended up with all the fish and reptiles......that's another story in itself........that's not my department, I blame the kids for those.:D

• Yikes! I wonder if once you start with a basenji, you never end with just one!! I guess we become "special" people once our B bolts throught the door. I'm just not sure what kind of accent you put on "special" and if I want that title…you know, the Saturday Night Live "Special"!

Suggested Topics