• I've been thinking about this. I did pay and enroll Duke & Daisy in the 2nd Obedience class together. I suppose I can take one of them and then teach the other at home and practice them together - get a refund for 1 prepaid class. I'm not so worried about them in class together so much as I am about saving the money. Is that a good idea??

• @Duke:

I've been thinking about this. I did pay and enroll Duke & Daisy in the 2nd Obedience class together. I suppose I can take one of them and then teach the other at home and practice them together - get a refund for 1 prepaid class. I'm not so worried about them in class together so much as I am about saving the money. Is that a good idea??

I would probably do that. But the benefit to taking them each to class is that they learn to do the behaviors in a distracting environment. The flip side to that is how on earth would you be able to train both dogs at the same time in the class?

• @Quercus:

I would probably do that. But the benefit to taking them each to class is that they learn to do the behaviors in a distracting environment. The flip side to that is how on earth would you be able to train both dogs at the same time in the class?

LOL!! I was thinking that my son would come with me and train Daisy, while I train Duke. Duke is the toughest student - REALLY spastic. :eek: Everything is a distraction. Daisy is much calmer. So I should bring Duke to class and then go thru the same training exercises at home with Daisy. I agree that training in a distracting environment WITH instructor's help is best. But, yeah - I should save some $$ and only take one. Gasoline prices are killing my budget! :mad:

Suggested Topics