• @jen:

I wanted to introduce myself. I have two basenjis, aged 7 and 6. We have had them since they were puppies. They are sweet dogs, but pretty high maintenance at times! I can't believe I just found this website. I hope to learn about the "basenji experience" of others.

Welcome and can't wait to see pictures. Were did you get your B's from?…

• Hi Jen, welcome to the forum…....fun and information. Post pics when you can.

• We got the older one from a pet store when he was four months. It was totally unplanned (very stupid, I know). We went in to get aquarium supplies and left with Buddy the basenji. He had issues from day one - severe separation… the saga continues.
    Ginger baby was found in the newspaper (again not totally planned), but we adopted her from a grad student when she was 5 1/2 months old. She is an easier dog behaviorally than Buddy.

• Welcome, I also purchased our demon girl Trixie from a pet shop. I know bad bad bad. But if I had not done so I would have never found out about these wonderful dogs. Again welcome and post some pictures.

• Yeah, another Ohio basenji family! What part of Ohio do you live? My first basenji was a pet shop basenji too. He's now 6 yrs old. I was dog sitting my brother-in-law's dogs, went into the pet store to buy some food and there he was. I bought him without even consulting my husband.:rolleyes: He's healthy, but is very large for the breed. Oh Yeah. Welcome to the forum.

• Public Service annoucement… Please remember to stip test for Fanconi once a month... and think about doing the DNA test for Fanconi. Learn about it at www.basenjihealth.org

• Welcome- post pictures! i'm from ohio too, where are you in ohio?

• Welcome…you've found the right place to learn about, share and have fun with Basenjis!

• Welcome to the pack! 🙂
    Post pictures when you can (we just drool over pictures).

• Yea! more from Ohio. Post Pics and welcome.

Suggested Topics