• Had a great time Westminster!!! 🙂 Klassy represented the breed very well & what a BEAUTIFUL Tri Girl she is 😃 😃

Zephyr was pulled because he's having trouble with indoor shows & he just wasn't ready for this show this year 😞

• Just as an FYI to all, if you didn't already know, Uno's (the beagle) handler is Russella's (Klassy's handler) husband… so sort of kept it in a Basenji "type" family since Russella's breeds Basenjis along with being a handler.

• @tanza:

Just as an FYI to all, if you didn't already know, Uno's (the beagle) handler is Russella's (Klassy's handler) husband… so sort of kept it in a Basenji "type" family since Russella's breeds Basenjis along with being a handler.

That's cool Pat…thanks for posting this...I know I had no idea.

• @renaultf1:

That's cool Pat…thanks for posting this...I know I had no idea.

Mike Work and his wife where both showing dogs there as well.

• @Basenji_Boy:

Mike Work and his wife where both showing dogs there as well.

Now, I DID know that… 🙂

• Is it okay to still be miffed that the B didn't win it? pout

I think we are still regulated to the "weird" group (if there ever was such a category in dog shows… I'm sure we'd be there right with the Chinese Crested, the Neopolitan Mastiff, and the Puli).

• @RockysWoman:

Is it okay to still be miffed that the B didn't win it? pout

I think we are still regulated to the "weird" group (if there ever was such a category in dog shows… I'm sure we'd be there right with the Chinese Crested, the Neopolitan Mastiff, and the Puli).

I love Klassy, however IMO, she didn't deserve to win… she didn't show well... and had that great Basenji attitude... of "oh well I really am not into this tonight"....gggg and Klassy does have 3 Best in Shows

• @tanza:

I love Klassy, however IMO, she didn't deserve to win… she didn't show well... and had that great Basenji attitude... of "oh well I really am not into this tonight"....gggg and Klassy does have 3 Best in Shows

Although I did love that she kind of pointed on the judging table 😃 😃 😃 …but she definitely didn't behave herself in the ring. 😃

• @renaultf1:

Although I did love that she kind of pointed on the judging table 😃 😃 😃 …but she definitely didn't behave herself in the ring. 😃

Behaving is one thing… but really she didn't "show herself"... they can do that even when being "bad"

• The rest of you that show I am sure have experienced this - when the judge is someone that values what I've brought to the ring - my dog is horrid and doesn't win. When I know that the judge likes something different than what I've got that day - my dog is perfect and doesn't win.

Ah well - different dog show different day different outcome. I know from my vantage point in the center of the ring that sometimes after I judge and I look at the catalog - many times animals I have adored before - just don't have a good day or show their best.

One of my friends was the Breed judge of some of the working breeds at Westminster and she offered this little tidbit of information. The camera location on the down and back was really off to the angle a bit so LOTS of the dogs that acutally looked good - looke horrid on TV. In addition she said that the rings were horridly small. The great danes could hardly get to a trot.

Suggested Topics