• First Basenji's

I am soon to be a new Dad to my Basenji puppy soon and looking for people to meet up with when she is older. I have own one awhile ago so I know a little about them. Some what rusty but will catch on fast again.

• Ooo, lu-ckee, sounds like you'll get to be part of the Tampa Basenji Dog Park Gang! I'm sure you will be hearing from Macpack….. as soon as she gets back from the dog park (that seems to be where she is on Sundays).
    -Joanne

• First Basenji's

@giza1:

Ooo, lu-ckee, sounds like you'll get to be part of the Tampa Basenji Dog Park Gang! I'm sure you will be hearing from Macpack….. as soon as she gets back from the dog park (that seems to be where she is on Sundays).
    -Joanne

I can't wait I am in Spring Hill but willing to learn more from everyone

• Hi DogLover 86! Yes, Joanne is right, we have been to 2 dog parks today here in Tampa. We have a regular informal meet-up group that gathers at West Park Dog Park every Sunday around 10:30-11 and stays till at least 1, often 2, 3 or even 4 pm when the weather is so wonderful. There are 7 of us, each with 2 or 3 basenjis, who are there almost every Sunday, there are a dozen or so who come irregularly, when they all show up we have up to 23 basenjis at one time! We had 17 two weeks ago, but 'only' 11 today. We look forward to meeting you and your puppy-girl. The basenjis are very welcoming to most all basenjis, especially puppies. We had a new 'dad' who brought his 9 week old boy a few weeks ago, sadly he works many Sundays but hopefully he will be able to come back occasionally.

Google Hillsborough County parks, look for West Park and it will link you to a good map. Coming from Spring HIll, if you take the Veteran's you exit at Hillsborough avenue and come east about a mile to Hesperdes (there is a light), turn left and go to Jean street, turn left and go 1 loooong block and you will be facing the park at the end.

See you soon! Remember to be sure she has all her shots before coming, I think the rules say 3 or 4 months, but I see younger pups there all the time!

• First Basenji's

@MacPack:

Hi DogLover 86! Yes, Joanne is right, we have been to 2 dog parks today here in Tampa. We have a regular informal meet-up group that gathers at West Park Dog Park every Sunday around 10:30-11 and stays till at least 1, often 2, 3 or even 4 pm when the weather is so wonderful. There are 7 of us, each with 2 or 3 basenjis, who are there almost every Sunday, there are a dozen or so who come irregularly, when they all show up we have up to 23 basenjis at one time! We had 17 two weeks ago, but 'only' 11 today. We look forward to meeting you and your puppy-girl. The basenjis are very welcoming to most all basenjis, especially puppies. We had a new 'dad' who brought his 9 week old boy a few weeks ago, sadly he works many Sundays but hopefully he will be able to come back occasionally.

Google Hillsborough County parks, look for West Park and it will link you to a good map. Coming from Spring HIll, if you take the Veteran's you exit at Hillsborough avenue and come east about a mile to Hesperdes (there is a light), turn left and go to Jean street, turn left and go 1 loooong block and you will be facing the park at the end.

See you soon! Remember to be sure she has all her shots before coming, I think the rules say 3 or 4 months, but I see younger pups there all the time!

Cheyenne will have all her shots next month you should be up there soon when it is safe to come..

• Today is cold and grey, with possible rain. We will be going to the park 11-ish, but may be a smaller group, and play time may be shortened! If we miss you today, do come next time, there are literally only 2 or 3 Sundays a year when the weather stops us from going.

• Do you still meet at the park on Sundays? I have two basenji's and would love to meet other Basenjis.

• Yes, unless it is really storming, we gather there every Sunday around 10:30-11. Sometimes a few come earlier. There are always at least 2 or 3 of us with 2 to 3 dogs each, often many more. Most was 24 basenjis, but on an average Sunday we have a dozen or so. Would love to meet you and your kids! One of our group comes from Dunedin so it isn't too terrible a drive.

Google Hillsborough County parks, it is "West Park Dog Park" and will give you a good map. What are your pups names?

• First Basenji's

@Dog:

I can't wait I am in Spring Hill but willing to learn more from everyone

If you are in Spring Hill, then you are very close to me and Uzie in Crystal River. We are here all the time, have a whole fenced in acre to RUN on and Uzie just loves to have company. It is very important to have socialization as soon as possible, so let me know if and when you'd like to come up here for a play date.
    attachment_p_157392_0_2418.jpg

• Uzi is indeed a fun guy, by all means connect with Buddy's Pal for a get together! Too bad they re so far from us and we don't get together very often.

• First Basenji's

Thanks MacPack!! Miss you all! Every time I plan to go down there, something comes up…..One day again hopefully in the near future!

• We live in Tampa Bay Area and looking for insight in meeting basenjis where is this group located or any details is a blessing

• Hi! Google West Park in Tampa. You will see some curly tails there around 11am every Sunday!

Suggested Topics