• ok folks - here is another possibility - get on this wonderful thing called the internet - there are a lot of groups offereing to help in many ways service people serving overseas - some of them are willing to foster dogs.

Take a few min and look up programs in Florida and see what you can find out. You might be suprised at what help is there.

• @dmcarty:

ok folks - here is another possibility - get on this wonderful thing called the internet - there are a lot of groups offereing to help in many ways service people serving overseas - some of them are willing to foster dogs.

Take a few min and look up programs in Florida and see what you can find out. You might be suprised at what help is there.

I think the dog is in California where her brother is stationed?… and Ninabean26 is in Fla......

• @dmcarty:

ok folks - here is another possibility - get on this wonderful thing called the internet - there are a lot of groups offereing to help in many ways service people serving overseas - some of them are willing to foster dogs.

I'm still thinking he's going to have to get that dog nuetered before anyone will take him on…...

• Yes I'm in Florida & he is stationed in California. He looked into a few programs after I mentioned them to him but upon checking he was told that they would not take pittbulls. At least the one he checked although I'm hoping we can find one that will take pitts. CA is kind of anti-pittbull though…unfortunate for him 😞

• @Ninabeana26:

Yes I'm in Florida & he is stationed in California. He looked into a few programs after I mentioned them to him but upon checking he was told that they would not take pittbulls. At least the one he checked although I'm hoping we can find one that will take pitts. CA is kind of anti-pittbull though…unfortunate for him 😞

I think that Jazzysmom said it best, will most likely be no chance unless he is neutered…. and I fully agree.... I don't really think that CA is anti-pit... some cities/counties, but no more then other places...

• Thanks for all the info everyone! I've talked to him about some of his options & I have forwarded all of the websites. Hopefully someone can take Razr & he won't have to give him up. Although it does look like he may have to neuter whether he likes it or not…

• Nina,

I know what a tough decision that was for you to make, do not ever doubt yourself you are doing the right thing.

I know it was hard to tell your brother-in-law no, but you are helping him find other options which he needs to look into and hopefully one of those will work out.

• Ninabeana – I'm echoing ChaseandZahra and others here but TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS on this because the p.b. certainly will pick up on them. Have your brother contact the pitbull rescue societies as well as the military support groups. It's tough I know.

Suggested Topics