Just wanted to introduce myself. :)

• So, hi. 🙂

I am located near Atlanta, GA and do not currently own any Basenji's, but am considering bringing home a show prospect puppy or young adult at some point. My husband and I really like what we have seen of the breed- they look to be about the perfect size, shape, coat, temperament, etc. We think they are great!

We are currently owned by a variety- a sweet Great Dane boy that I show in conformation, a Siberian Husky gal that is our hiking buddy and mischief-maker, a mixed breed lady that is my husband's best friend, and an elderly Schnauzer going on 17 years old. I absolutely love Great Danes and could easily raise and show them for the rest of my life, but my husband is not keen on their drool, massive size, drool (did I mention drool?), and whacky tail. He knows I love them and would stand by me if even if I lost my mind and filled the house with them, but I thought I would look around at shows and such and see if any other breed sparked my interest like Danes for his sake- and then we met Basenji's. What a wonderful breed! 🙂

Anyhow, I look forward to talking with all of you. Thank you for your time!

Lauren

• Welcome! You should talk to Robyn with Sherwood Basenjis. She is in the Atlanta area. Several of us, including me, got our dogs from her. She is also on this forum - Yodeldogs. I'm pretty positive that if you go to her profile you will find a link to her website. Being so close (as close as anything is in Atlanta 😃 ) you'd be able to see how a basenji would really be able to fit into your varied mix of dogs. Seems like someone else on this board is from the Atlanta area (an owner and not a breeder) but I can't remember who it is.

Good Luck,
    Pat

• @BasenjiDiva:

Welcome! You should talk to Robyn with Sherwood Basenjis. She is in the Atlanta area. Several of us, including me, got our dogs from her. She is also on this forum - Yodeldogs. I'm pretty positive that if you go to her profile you will find a link to her website. Being so close (as close as anything is in Atlanta 😃 ) you'd be able to see how a basenji would really be able to fit into your varied mix of dogs. Seems like someone else on this board is from the Atlanta area (an owner and not a breeder) but I can't remember who it is.

Good Luck,
    Pat

You can also visit Robyn's website.

• Welcome to the forum, I hope it helps you in your search for a B.

Sherwood Basenji's would be a great place to start you search.;)

Good luck

• Thank you for the warm welcome. 🙂

Lauren

• Welcome!! Please let us know if we can be of any help 🙂

Suggested Topics