Skip to content

How old?

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 3 mo old with hernia

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • 0 Votes
    10 Posts
    8k Views
    O
    Congrats on the newest member of your family! I have a Fanconi dog and part of the reason he has done so well is because strip testing caught it early. I'm sure your B will be fine and live a long, healthy life. Do post photos. :)
  • Getting to be an Old Man

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    16k Views
    BarklessdogB
    @LindaH: I used Missing Link Plus with Maxx (the "Plus" is the one for joint support) and, IMO, it made a huge difference with him. Maxx had Valley Fever for the last 4 years of his life. It skipped the respiratory phase and went straight to the disseminated phase, affecting his bones. I could tell a big difference in him once I started giving him the Missing Link Plus. Do they like the taste?
  • Old Dog, New Food ?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @Schouiffy: Hey Tanza, No she hasn't had much of anything done as of recent. My parents have had a really wild last 2 years so I think thats contributed to the lack of vet work. Happily, and thanks to Dan, we have an appointment set up for tomorrow morning with the vet. yay. And I'll restrain on the food front. I mean its not awful food, but there are a lot of grains… hmm. It's really kinda difficult to see them at this age, I think this last year as been a hard one for her too... Again.. at her age.. I go back to "if it ain't broke" don't try to fix it… I can tell you that is exactly what I would do... period.... and yes, there might be better.. but at her age... it is not going to make a difference.. again IMO
  • My 6 month old Basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    13k Views
    E
    Nulla has the cutest face!
  • 4 mo old shedding

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    4k Views
    tanzaT
    @Ninabeana26: Yea no kidding! That's why I laughed when a couple months back I read that ad for the basenji puppies where it said "non-shedding, non-barking dog!!!" Yea frickin right! My work pants, sheets, sofa, air, etc beg to differ!!! The only part that is true is "no" doggy odor…