Skip to content

4 mo old shedding

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • Getting to be an Old Man

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    16k Views
    BarklessdogB
    @LindaH: I used Missing Link Plus with Maxx (the "Plus" is the one for joint support) and, IMO, it made a huge difference with him. Maxx had Valley Fever for the last 4 years of his life. It skipped the respiratory phase and went straight to the disseminated phase, affecting his bones. I could tell a big difference in him once I started giving him the Missing Link Plus. Do they like the taste?
  • Seizures in our 16 year old

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    16
    0 Votes
    16 Posts
    10k Views
    KipawaK
    What difficult news to hear. But it sounds like you are all prepared to spoil Cinnamon and make her feel special. She will be very thankful.
  • Old Dog, New Food ?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    @Schouiffy: Hey Tanza, No she hasn't had much of anything done as of recent. My parents have had a really wild last 2 years so I think thats contributed to the lack of vet work. Happily, and thanks to Dan, we have an appointment set up for tomorrow morning with the vet. yay. And I'll restrain on the food front. I mean its not awful food, but there are a lot of grains… hmm. It's really kinda difficult to see them at this age, I think this last year as been a hard one for her too... Again.. at her age.. I go back to "if it ain't broke" don't try to fix it… I can tell you that is exactly what I would do... period.... and yes, there might be better.. but at her age... it is not going to make a difference.. again IMO
  • Shedding like crazy

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    serenjaneS
    @barklessk9: Zak is also shedding like crazy. :D He always blows his coat in February and occassionally in the summer,but usually not until Sept. I highly recommend the Furminator - it works great! Thank you so much. I bought a Furminator and it works great. I also bought the shampoo and daily spray. I also read an article which advises useing lanolin or a bit of olive oil on the coats of dogs that shed a lot. After several days it is supposed to help with the shedding.
  • Sally is shedding and flakes!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    How old is she? Is she spayed? and they will go though shedding… looking at the picture, is she a mix? If so, you have what ever she is mixed with adding to a shedding problem..... flakes usually mean dry skin....
  • 0 Votes
    26 Posts
    18k Views
    K
    She still seeks out water but not to the degree that she was. As the accidents wane, I have been trying to leave the water out a bit more, but like one of the other members said about their husband, mine also is sick of cleaning up the pee so I have to find a happy medium between the two. All in all I think we are doing fine, and once again thanks for all of your concern. I will be sure to connect with the Basenji Forums again if there are any other questions.