Skip to content

4 mo old shedding

Basenji Health Issues & Questions

Suggested Topics

  • 1year10month old basenji

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    D
    Ours had seizures at 7.5 and required Keppra and Phenobarbital. I would take this seriously and get the pup evaluated ASAP and on medication as each seizure can damage sight and brain cells.
  • 4 months puppy humping

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    4k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    A firm NO, and ignore him. While it isn't sexual all the time, it can be dominance. Regardless of intent, no one wants a dog humping them. So try to say NO before he actually starts to hump, then walk off. He can understand that humping gets him ignored. Putting him in time out he probably doesn't understand. Work on commands. at this age he should know sit, down, and needs to work on "leave it." Giving him training will keep his mind busy and help him see you as not a humping item.
  • Shedding in January?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    34
    0 Votes
    34 Posts
    22k Views
    KanangaK
    I have it easy. Kananga stands in the tub while I scrub him. I've never needed to be with him while he gets his bath. He just likes to lick my hand while I rinse him off. He's extremely tolerant of baths. I noticed this helped when he was blowing his coat earlier in the year. I remember all of the hair that would come off of him.
  • Unusual shedding

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    4k Views
    BasenjiDivaB
    Our lab used to shed like crazy if anything stressed her. You'd think it she was like a porcipine throwing out quills. I have noticed that Jayden (who has no reason to be stressed by anything) is currently shedding. But in his case I think it is because the weather has been so weird. I think he started putting on a winter coat when we had an unusually cold spell in November. Now it is unusually warm….I think his body thinks that Spring has sprung and it is shedding some of his winter coat. Pat
  • Sally is shedding and flakes!

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    2k Views
    tanzaT
    How old is she? Is she spayed? and they will go though shedding… looking at the picture, is she a mix? If so, you have what ever she is mixed with adding to a shedding problem..... flakes usually mean dry skin....
  • Any tips on minimizing shedding?

    Basenji Health Issues & Questions
    15
    0 Votes
    15 Posts
    9k Views
    nala121498N
    @tanza: And ever notice how they shed just going to the Vet… :( Only my OJ doesn't do that... he likes his Vets...) Nala does too. I end up with a Basenji hair sweater just from holding her in the office and exam room!