Another Classic Spears Family moment

• I just saw one of the headlines on CNN was that Jamie Lyn Spears is pregnant. Britney's 16 year old little sister is pregnant with a 19 year old man's child! I am sure that Disney is having to do some quick publicity acting to perserve their family image since Jamie Lyn is a star of Zoey 101 one of their kids shows. I'm thinking this is it for her career with Disney.

It's is not that this stuff doesn't happen but this girl is in the spotlight and all of these little girls look up to her. Where have all the positive role models gone? I feel bad for kids, they can't look after sports figures because of dog fighting and steriods, stars are invovled in drugs and bad choices.

• I just loved that she said it was "totally unexpected" and she was "completely surprised". Well, hon. There ARE certain activities that, if you engage in them, you stand a certain chance of making a baby.

I don't let my younger kids watch any of the shows aimed at "teens".
    And by the time they get to be teens, my teens think these shows stupid and their stars are idiots, LOL. So it all works okay here 😎

It is very sad, indeed, that so many kids do look up to them. Parents really need to steer kids toward real-life role models in their families or communities rather than looking to a culture {really, it is its own culture} driven by greed and total self-indulgence. {IMO< of course}

• When they figure out what's causing it they'll learn how to stop it! LOL!

• @ChaseandZahrasmom:

Where have all the positive role models gone? I feel bad for kids, they can't look after sports figures because of dog fighting and steriods, stars are invovled in drugs and bad choices.

Parents, educators, our brave men and women serving our country, people that save lives everyday…....those types of people should be the role models for kids IMO.

Things are certainly different than when I was a kid.

• Personally I feel bad for the whole Spears family. I wish the media would just leave them alone so they can concentrate on getting their lives in control… Britney is like a train wreck and the media just makes it worse by always being in her face.

• @Tayda_Lenny:

Personally I feel bad for the whole Spears family. I wish the media would just leave them alone so they can concentrate on getting their lives in control… Britney is like a train wreck and the media just makes it worse by always being in her face.

If they'd quit throwing themselves in front of TV cameras, and giving interviews to magazines, then they may get some alone time.

I have some sympathy for the children because their parents threw them into this, but the family as a whole? I have none.

• I understand that no one was "bashing" someone for getting pregnant so young but I felt I needed to add this perspective. I got pregnant with my son when I was 16 (had him when I was 17). Thanks to a lot of support from family and friends I was able to go to college, be on preventative panals talking to young girls about the benefits of waiting and finish a masters degree in education. I have counseled many young girls who have found themselves in the same situation as I was and I try to be a role model showing them that they can still accomplish all their goals and dreams. I truely believe everything happens for a reason and that by Gods grace I was blessed with my only child who has been the joy of my life. I understand that this is not the ideal but she can still thrive and be successful. As one person told me once " Just about everyone does "it" but just a few get caught". Again, I did not feel like anyone was "bashing" just wanted to add that perspective.

• @luvsmy2bs:

I understand that no one was "bashing" someone for getting pregnant so young but I felt I needed to add this perspective. I got pregnant with my son when I was 16 (had him when I was 17). Thanks to a lot of support from family and friends I was able to go to college, be on preventative panals talking to young girls about the benefits of waiting and finish a masters degree in education. I have counseled many young girls who have found themselves in the same situation as I was and I try to be a role model showing them that they can still accomplish all their goals and dreams. I truely believe everything happens for a reason and that by Gods grace I was blessed with my only child who has been the joy of my life. I understand that this is not the ideal but she can still thrive and be successful. As one person told me once " Just about everyone does "it" but just a few get caught". Again, I did not feel like anyone was "bashing" just wanted to add that perspective.

I think it's great that things have worked out the way they have for you. However, you had a great support system and that will make all the difference in the world.
    Sadly, for either of the Spears' girls, I think the very foundation upon which they stand is crumbly and they don't stand a chance, nor do their children.

• luvsmy2bs,

I am so glad that you didn't take the post the wrong way, I realize that this situation can happen to anyone and it doesn't make them a bad person. After reading your post I can see that you had a supportive family and you have become a wonderful role model. I have to agree with the statement that someone made to you about "Just about everyone does "it" but a few get caught", that is very wisely put.

My post is definetly is about how this family that is in the spotlight continously becomes a train wreck, their family drama or dirty laundry is played out through the media. I guess the kicker to me about all of this is that Lynn Spears, the Mom had written a book about parenting a celebrity. Somehow I don't see that as a best seller with Britney so messed up. I read today that the book is on hold indefinetly.

I agree with Tayda Lenny that if the media left them alone that they would be able to quietly take care of their problems but the situation is that they are all in the entertainment business and you can't turn off when the media can write about you and turn on when they can. The public that made them popular is the same public that wants to know their every little move because little girls want to be them. They have a responsibility to their public when they decided to get into show business.

• If her boyfriend is 19 and she is 16, could charges be filed against him?

• I was thinking the same thing but I believe the laws about the age of consent are different in Alabama then maybe California.

Suggested Topics