• Hi all,

My name is Karen Hyland from South Australia, and I have Mzalia Basenjis. I got my first basenji in 1994, and bred my first litter in 1996.

Over the years I have bred 14 Australian Champions and I have owned and bred All Breeds and Specialty Best in Show winners.

2007 has been an exciting year for Mzalia. The biggest thrill to date, was winning Best in Show at this year's Basenji Club of Victoria Specialty Show under Mr Glenway Dymock (formerly of Australia, now based in England), with my gorgeous girl Aus Ch Mzalia Private Dancer (aka Tina). She is the girl featured in my avatar. We also had our first exports to Norway with Mzalia Making Headlines (Tasha) and Mzalia Making Mischief (Zally).

In addition 12 of my dogs were recently DNA tested with the new Fanconi Linkage test, and was thrilled when all 12 of them came back this week as "Clear/Normal".:) πŸ™‚

I have a website for my kids at http://www.mzalia.com. As I have recently setup my own business, and returned to tertiary studies, I have not been able to update my site for a little while - but that is on my agenda for over the Christmas/New Year period πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ

Another project I am working on, is converting the Basenji Club of New South Wales Pedigree Books into an electronic format. Our aim is to have it available for the 40th Anniversary Show in October 2008.

Below are a couple of photos of my 2007 keepers, Mzalia Making Waves (Tyler) and Mzalia Making Whoopee (Whoopee). Tyler is a multiple Baby in Group winner, and Whoopee is a Baby in Group and Baby in Show winner.

Tyler

Whoopee

I look forward to dropping by whenever I can.

• Welcome to the forum, you B's are very cute!!

• Hello and welcome to the forum.

• Welcome Karen…. your pups are very nice.... and I love hearing about the project to convert the pedigree books to electronic... will they be available to the US?

• Hi everyone, and thank you for your welcome πŸ˜ƒ

Pat - I'll contact you privately re the Pedigree Books

Yodels,
    Karen

Suggested Topics