Skip to content

New England adventure

Basenji Talk
  • Sounds like it was a great visit for everyone…loved the video...too cute!:D

  • How fun!! The pictures are great and the visit sounds wonderful!

  • Sounds like you all had a great time. What a beautiful place!! We used to travel up into Vermont a lot when we lived just south of Nashua, NH and I went to college in Middlebury, Vermont. I kind of miss it.

  • What stunning pictures of the scenery. I love the colors. I think its wonderful you all got to meet in person and share your common bond – basenjis! So little Jasper snuck out of his room in the middle of the night??? Naughty boy. Thanks for sharing. :)

  • HOW FUN!!! And what a beautiful home and location! And how great that the dogs got along so well! And nice to put some human faces to the names as well :)

    Thanks for sharing pics! I think we should all plan a fall leaf get away next year!

  • @Kebasmom:

    Sounds like you all had a great time. What a beautiful place!! We used to travel up into Vermont a lot when we lived just south of Nashua, NH and I went to college in Middlebury, Vermont. I kind of miss it.

    Let me know if you ever come back for a reunion! We are within 30 min.!

  • @basenjibratz:

    What stunning pictures of the scenery. I love the colors. I think its wonderful you all got to meet in person and share your common bond – basenjis! So little Jasper snuck out of his room in the middle of the night??? Naughty boy. Thanks for sharing. :)

    …Nala was initially only "flirty" with Jasper at first and then with Willy the next morning...it makes you wonder...;)

  • @Quercus:

    HOW FUN!!! And what a beautiful home and location! And how great that the dogs got along so well! And nice to put some human faces to the names as well :)

    Thanks for sharing pics! I think we should all plan a fall leaf get away next year!

    :o Thank you…
    Yes, that would be fun! I'd love to meet more forum members and their pups and families! We can work on it for next year...(DH just fell over) LOL!

  • @Quercus:

    I think we should all plan a fall leaf get away next year!

    I've actually given some thought to a "Basenji Forum" gathering of some sort…........just don't know where or when would be the best or how to organize it......multiple gatherings???? Something to consider.:confused:

    The 2008 Specialty in Texas is certainly a good gathering choice.........However, Texas doesn't sound all that leafy to me.:D

  • @Basenji_Boy:

    I've actually given some thought to a "Basenji Forum" gathering of some sort…........just don't know where or when would be the best or how to organize it......multiple gatherings???? Something to consider.:confused:

    The 2008 Specialty in Texas is certainly a good gathering choice.........However, Texas doesn't sound all that leafy to me.:D

    LOL - Me neither! I have heard for years that Vermont is one of the best "must see" Fall color tour places. So, nala121498 . . . If not at your beautiful abode, somewhere that could accomodate many Basenji and their people?? :) Trip of lifetime for me anyway. I just loved the wonderful pics that BBoy posted. You are so gratious and kind to share the pics! Of course - we love pictures. Did I say pictures? :D Yes!

  • @Basenji_Boy:

    I've actually given some thought to a "Basenji Forum" gathering of some sort…........just don't know where or when would be the best or how to organize it......multiple gatherings???? Something to consider.:confused:

    The 2008 Specialty in Texas is certainly a good gathering choice.........However, Texas doesn't sound all that leafy to me.:D

    Sounds like a plan! Count me in!

  • @Duke:

    LOL - Me neither! I have heard for years that Vermont is one of the best "must see" Fall color tour places. So, nala121498 . . . If not at your beautiful abode, somewhere that could accomodate many Basenji and their people?? :) Trip of lifetime for me anyway. I just loved the wonderful pics that BBoy posted. You are so gratious and kind to share the pics! Of course - we love pictures. Did I say pictures? :D Yes!

    Thanks! I'd love to have it here (DH, maybe not! I could send him on a trip for a few days - LOL!)! Anytime you'd like to plan a trip here, just let me know. :)

Suggested Topics

  • New pictures

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    ?
    What a sweetie. Jolanda and Kaiser
  • Settling in to a new home again

    Basenji Talk
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    3k Views
    O
    Poor Cody! It was hard on Spencer (and me!) when we moved cross-country. At first, he would go and sit by the front door, waiting for someone to take him "home." I bought him new toys to play with and he would carry them to the door, sit beside them and wait. It took a few weeks, but he settled in. He still gets anxious when I bring in boxes, though.
  • New Coats!!!

    Basenji Talk
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    17k Views
    snorky998S
    @BDawg: Snorky998– Where are the pics?! Boy, this is a little late…. Hope I got it right.....the first pics of Kate and Ty in their new coats from Carrie [image: attachment_p_65353_0_im002892.jpg]
  • New Puppy ! Help! =]

    Basenji Talk
    36
    0 Votes
    36 Posts
    14k Views
    hdolbowH
    @tanza: Of course the problem you have with bringing home a puppy that is only 8 or 10 weeks, is that they really need to have 2 sets of shots before being in a public place… and also the fact that they will not be leash trained to be in a public area. That is why when I place pups with someone that has a adult dog, I have them come to my house. I put them in the back yard and then bring the puppies out... Puppies are too young to have "territorial responses" to the yard and it is a netural place for the adults..... works quite well .... I do however put up all my adults in their crates during that time.... beings that we live in the middle of nowhere (hahaha:D ) we dont have anywhere really dog oriented to take them to meet.. like i said previously we are surrounded by christmas tree fields, and my boyfriends aunt lives maybe 500 feet down the road on a farm, with a big yard and pasture.. so maybe that will be the best place to introduce them
  • New Member

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    J
    Thanks for your replies. I've started giving Sonia Glucosamine w/ MSM every day and we'll see how she does. I'll give you an update in about a month and let you know if it's helped or not.
  • New Puppy In A Few Hrs

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    red and white fureverR
    Congrats Vanessa!!! It's such an exciting time when you finally get to bring your baby home! Hooray for you!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!