• **Have fun in Vegas!!
    I LOVE Vegas, such a fun fun place!!
    Yea, better get out while you can, having a pet makes it hard
    to travel.
    One little dog is not bad but with me having 3, it's hard to take
    all of them with me especially if I fly, not drive.
    Boarding cost adds up QUICK!!!

Again, have fun in Vegas and be sure to share all your
    puppy pictures and stories with us once you pick up the
    little guy. :rolleyes:**

@Chelbell26:

I know…we are SO excited. Thanks for thinking of us. 🙂 We have everything ready for him...and have spent the past weeks "puppy proofing" our house. Now we just need to get back from vacation (we are going to Las Vegas next week) and when we get home we will be picking him up! 🙂 YEA!

• Well, we finally found our puppy's food (whew). I tried Merrick on the recommendation from so many people on the forum (mixed with his old food of course) and he hated it (wouldn't eat the Merrick & sorta gave me this look like..eww-mom when you mix this stuff in with my regular food it makes everything taste/smell gross)…but when I put down the Wellness food he scarfed it right up...we've found our winner! 🙂 LOL He definately has had much more energy since he started eating the Wellness and I'm looking forward to trying some Wellness treats since he's rather picky about his treats as well (so far he just likes hotdogs...) LOL All those other expensive treats I've bought will have to be donated to a rescue...as Jackpot wants nothing to do with them. Maybe we'll have better luck with the Wellness treats? 🙂

• I tried Dallas on Welness & he did okay on it. I ran out while visiting my grandfather & with Petsmart the only local pet store I had to get something, ended up with Blue Buffalo & now he scarfs that down quicker than he did with the Wellness!

As for the treats, eh. Dallas doesn't go crazy for them like some of the other kinds I have bought. I give him cheese & peanut butter in moderation since those seem to be his favorites. I also buy the tuna treats & he goes crazy for them. Although honestly, they smell TERRIBLE! They sell them at Petsmart 🙂

• Nina,
    Thanks for the info. I laughed when you mentioned how smelly the treats are…I think with Jackpot his motto is "the smellier the better!" LOL I will look for those treats you mentioned next time we are at the petstore!

• I am looking into my next dog food for Medjai. I am looking into AvoDerm, and was wondering what people think about the Oven-Baked Lamb one. I like the price and the ingredient list, just I could use more meat.

• @youngandtired:

I tried Blue B as well and Sahara did good on it. It is not available in the town that I live and so I researched and decided to go with Merrick's products. I like the fact that it is a family run business, they all have dogs and all the ingredients are good, no by-products and the business is very successful. I like the idea of putting apples, sweet potatoes, peas and carrots in the food, the fiber is good for dogs. Sahara does not seem to have any problems with her anal glands, and a big plus is that I can buy it locally at a pet nutrition store which is run by a local vet and his family.

Yes, I was impressed by Blue Buffalo, but my Bella was not. Then, shortly after she had diarrhea and I had to take her off of it. (And, yes, I did it slowly… but the diarrhea started before I even got to full strength). You know there must be something in it she is sensitive to. She has a delicate stomach anyways... The only two dry foods I use are Purina One Chicken and Rice and Canidae. She seems to do the best on these, but it is different with each dog...

• Canidae has just come out with new Grain Free foods for those interested and like/use Canidae

http://www.canidae.com/

• Thank you for the information. I will check it out, but I will be lucky if the store I have (I have to travel and hour away as it is) carries it…

• @bellabasenji:

Thank you for the information. I will check it out, but I will be lucky if the store I have (I have to travel and hour away as it is) carries it…

If not, you can most likely find a place on line and have it shipped

• Indy's Mom (RNasto) turned us on to Prarie and the dogs love it! I have been using Innova EVO but Zahra had been having a lot of problems with anal glands so the vet told me to change her food and add some pumpkin to see if that would help, so far so good and I like that you can switch the selection around without upsetting your dogs stomach, once they are use to one kind of the food they can eat all of them.

Suggested Topics