Skip to content

Is this cute guy a Basenji??

Show Off Your Dog
  • His tail looks just like Abby's tail, hers is not tight curl and most of the time when she lays down it is straight, and she is pure. I think he is a B. Granted I'm not a professional breeder but as long as you love him he can be what you want him to be. I have a mixed breed we call her a miniture black lab, she's pure black has the same fur consistancy but she is small like a terrier and has a curly tail like a B.

  • yep. basenji. I can tell by how obsessed you are with him.

    funny creatures, aren't they?

Suggested Topics

  • Am I Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    20
    2 Votes
    20 Posts
    25k Views
    elbrantE
    @creambasenji Please start a new topic/thread in Member Introductions when you upload an image of your "cream" basenji. That way, more people will see it. (thanks!)
  • 1 Votes
    11 Posts
    8k Views
    T
    Hi everyone, Thanks for all of your replies! Rex just had his first vet visit (first with me at least), and he was given a clean bill of health. The vet that I saw also agrees with a lot of you that he looks like a Min Pin more than a Basenji, but he is likely still mixed with something because he's a bit too big to be a pure Min Pin. I've looked at a few DNA Dog Breed tests online, and they seem to range in price and in quality. It seems like some of the cheaper (~$50) tests are fake, but they go all the way up to almost $250 for the higher quality ones. Do any of you have experience with these DNA tests / have a brand you found reputable? I'll be sure to post the results of any of the tests with this forum! Thanks again, and Rex is doing really great in his new home!! [image: 1559586518913-img_3707-resized.jpg] [image: 1559586546977-img_3720-resized.jpg] [image: 1559586568474-img_3708-resized.jpg]
  • So cute

    Show Off Your Dog
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    BeckisB
    Just a lot of <3
  • Not a basenji, but…

    Show Off Your Dog
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    B
    After striking out with my first 2 B's I figured I'd give my other love a try! She is wonderful so far, potty training is kicking our butt..as with any puppy. We have only had her a week yesterday so I'm sure this is gonna be fun! She is giving us (my gf and I, our 3 cats and Sid) a run for our money! Sid is very jealous though, which is what we wanted. We need him to desire attention instead of just laying around all day long. Wish us luckkkk with the ol' man.
  • What a Guy!

    Show Off Your Dog
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    annandaelA
    LOL I need to start posting more too I guess! Bad Danielle for not going out to the muddy park to take pics
  • Our basenjis

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    We got Killian from a breeder in Ohio–-Jim Edgerton. That's where he had gotten our previous male basenji. We took Logan and Jasmine to his place and looked at several 1 year olds and a puppies and Jasmine eliminated the others and we agreed with her pick.