Is B' Rescue of SoCal still around?

• I don't know if the group that I got Ziggy from (Medfly Brigade) is the same one that you're talking about. But Medfly is definitely active and placing Basenjis. Let me know if you need their contact info. Cheers, Lori (ZenGrrrl@aol.com)

• Yes–Medfly Brigade is also known as So Cal Basenji Rescue. There is a link to their web site at the BRAT web site. If anyone in CA is looking for a B to rescue--they have quite a few wonderful dogs. They don't ship dogs; but if you are able to drive there and pick them up (like I did my two), they've placed quite a few in the Bay Area/Northern CA as well as So Cal.

• @MaxBooBooBear:

Yes–Medfly Brigade is also known as So Cal Basenji Rescue. There is a link to their web site at the BRAT web site. If anyone in CA is looking for a B to rescue--they have quite a few wonderful dogs. They don't ship dogs; but if you are able to drive there and pick them up (like I did my two), they've placed quite a few in the Bay Area/Northern CA as well as So Cal.

website for medfly (So. Ca. B rescue) is the same as BRAT except .com at the end instead of .org

www.basenjirescue.com

• Thank you for including the link, Pat. I haven't figured out pictures and links yet here. FYI–they have more dogs available than are posted on their site. You will also see my kids Tyler (formerly know as Tri Tip) and Zoey with a big adopted sign on their photo 🙂

• Max, so you got Tri Tip and Zoey - congrats! My Ziggy is also a tri-color, like the B-girl, Kudos, that I had many years ago in Portland.

• Thanks ZG! And congrats to you, too! Do you have any photos of Ziggy you can share? I attached one of Tyler and Zoey awhile back–I'm having trouble with photos because mine are too large, and I haven't had time to downsize many. Karen had left the name Tri Tip because that's what he had been called. But after I met him and Zoey and got to know them after two visits, both she and I agreed that Tri Tip wasn't a good name because he's my baby--not a piece of meat!! 🙂 I wanted something fairly close to "Tri", so I thought Tyler was good. Now their nick names are "Ty Ty" or "Ty Boy" and "Zo Zo Girl"

• Hi Max! Yes, I have photos of Ziggy but don't have a clue as to how to embed them in a "Quick Reply" response. Can you help me out there, or send me your regular e-mail address? ~ Lori ~

• Thanks for the info guys. Its really hard to get in touch with basenji rescue of So Cal, so I gave all the stuff to the shelter near me in the city of Burbank. They were very happy and showed me the place, they even have a really nice turtle pond with a bunch of unwanted red ear sliders. A friend of mine had a pet shop that went out of biz. so I set aside all sorts of great supplies. I really wanted the stuff to go to basenji's but it went to a good place anyway.

• I'm glad to hear your donations went to a good cause. Basenji Rescue of So Cal is essentially two people–Karen and Chuck--who have devoted almost all their time (not to mention money...) to rescuing and taking care of basenjis for many, many years. They are a nonprofit organization, and I donated generously when I adopted Tyler and Zoey because they had taken care of them with lots of love for almost two years--but I know they don't get enough donations to cover even nearly all of their expenses. Because they are so busy--I think top priority goes to communications re: placing rescues in forever homes. They were really accommodating with me--but they did screen me over the phone before inviting me down--and then met with me one whole afternoon and watched me around their Bs and Tyler and Zoey. They are pretty careful with placing their Bs (or kidlets as they call them).

• hey fellow californians…

i actually got my Basenji from BRAT and i know they are looking for foster parents (temporary).

i just wanted to reply to this thread to let you know im trying to arrange a SOCAL get together. click on this link below and reply if you're interested!

http://www.basenjiforum.com/showthread.php?t=2185

cheers

eric

Suggested Topics