Skip to content

Lots of new pics!!!

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • New neighbors dog

    Basenji Talk
    2
    0 Votes
    2 Posts
    4k Views
    B
    It's been my experience that sometimes my basenji just gets it in her head that she doesn't like another dog, and for seemingly no good reason. I have been able to mitigate her behavior, but this is not a cure…. First, an excited basenji is a biting basenji. Make sure he's calm. Make him sit. Exert your dominance. Stand over your dog, look him in the eye. You need to snap him out of his mindset and remind him that you're in charge and he doesn't need to be aggressive. It will take time and patience, but he can be made more comfortable... I've also found that walking together as a "pack" helps. The two humans in the middle, the dogs held on a very short leash to either side, and you ignore your dog's aggression, focusing them on the walk itself. After a short while, they should just about forget one another. But this also acclimates them to each other. Good luck!
  • New Coats!!!

    Basenji Talk
    30
    0 Votes
    30 Posts
    17k Views
    snorky998S
    @BDawg: Snorky998– Where are the pics?! Boy, this is a little late…. Hope I got it right.....the first pics of Kate and Ty in their new coats from Carrie [image: attachment_p_65353_0_im002892.jpg]
  • New puppy

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    rnastoR
    I would suggest waiting until you get the little guy. Indi didn't have a name for abut 2 days. We had all these names in mind and none of them fit. Thats my two cents anyway (oh ya and because we did that I have a cool costume for him on haloween but I don't think I am going to get any cooperation on his end)
  • Ruff Wears New 2008 Harness Pics

    Basenji Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    9k Views
    lauralopezL
    Thank you for the detail pictures. Excellent. I guess I would also get a XS for Talker and a XXS for Savannah. This really appears to be a nice alternative for the car. Thank you again!
  • Finally In Our New Home

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    hdolbowH
    mia and rocky both shaKE in the car.. mia cries the whole time too..
  • New to site

    Basenji Talk
    4
    0 Votes
    4 Posts
    3k Views
    nala121498N
    Welcome…no breeding info. from me, but I'm certain you'll get lots of feedback and have fun with others who share your passion for Basenjis! I got mine from a NH breeder and we live in VT. Enjoy!