Skip to content

Breeders with open waiting lists for 2021-2022?

Basenjis For Sale or Wanted

Suggested Topics

  • Breeders?

    Moved Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    D
    Triforce Basenji in San Diego. You can find them on Instagram!
  • Basenji breeders in AZ

    Moved Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    6
    0 Votes
    6 Posts
    10k Views
    S
    I think that a basenji puppy and a two-year-old is a recipe for disaster for many reasons. Both require and crave lots of attention, neither one can be reasoned with, both will want to play with the same toy, both can be stubborn, and the list goes. It is far too much to expect a two-year-old to understand how to get along with any puppy, especially a basenji puppy. If your heart is set on a basenji puppy, then I think you should wait until your child is at least five or six years old.Children that age understand what you are saying about the puppy and you can explain to them why you are saying it. I agree with the person who suggested getting an older basenji or how about a puppy of another breed? t one time in my life I had a basenji and a mixed breed, and they got along beautifully. You may love all the traits of this breed but I was suggest that you talk to owners and their experiences with the basenjis and young children. One cannot count on even the best breeders to give you the full story. Please don't get me wrong. I've had three basenjis and adored them all. I got the first one when my youngest daughter was seven. You don't have to wait that long but two years old is too young, imho. Good luck.
  • Breeder MIA

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    27
    0 Votes
    27 Posts
    17k Views
    ZandeZ
    Obviously very well worth the wait !!!
  • Breeders in Texas?

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    7k Views
    M
    My husband and I have been talking for a few months about adding a second Basenji to our family (we are the proud parents of a 2 as of this month Basenji mix). We have been watching BRAT but we also are considering going through a breeder, the reason for this is that we feel the best addition to our family would be a puppy under a year old. In our experience our little B girl has done best with puppies that are her size or smaller and she has spent time with since they were puppies (she is 13 lbs) or very mellow fully grown dogs (but even that is iffy). She does great with the dogs she has "grown up with".
  • Know this breeder in Poland?

    Basenjis For Sale or Wanted
    7
    0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    MacPackM
    Thanks everyone for all this information! He is a gorgeous pup (face marked like my Topper) but he is very far away. Interestingly, I have a friend who lived in Russia many years ago and had a basenji, it would be funny if I wound up with a Russian Basenji. There are so many here that need homes, though….....
  • 0 Votes
    15 Posts
    7k Views
    khanisK
    If you are still looking for pups, feel free to get in touch with me. I have a co-bred litter up in Drumheller, ALB. They are red/white. Until they are a bit older, I can't tell if it will be boys or girls available… but there should be at least 1 girl and 1 boy available. My email can be found on my website through my profile on here.