Skip to content

Where can I get the "How To Be A Basenji" manual written in Basenji?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Getting a basenji, but...

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    5k Views
    M
    on the heat of the sun???? Basenji love the heat. If you had a fireplace, it will be within inches of the hot logs.
  • should I get a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    21
    0 Votes
    21 Posts
    13k Views
    elbrantE
    @lovedogs @eeeefarm said in should I get a basenji?: wait until the time is right, even if you really, really want a dog now I agree... with everyone. Sometimes you just need to accept that (no matter how much you want a dog/car/kid/house) you aren't quite ready for it. I waited 5 years before I brought my Basenji home and it was probably the most adult thing I've ever done. I was still in recovery from a spinal injury and knew that I wouldn't be able to provide (her) the exercise she would want and require. Waiting made all the difference in the world. Whan I was finally ready, the most perfect little girl was ready for me. Don't fret about it. You can read, research, consider all of your options, and really prepare yourself. (Don't look at puppy pictures online! You'll fall in love without even meeting the pup(s) and it will pull at your heartstrings.) Remind yourself that "one day you will have a Basenji", just not today.
  • Thinking of getting a Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    6k Views
    C
    I have a general question. Does anybody elses Basenji not like to be picked up. Ours sometimes loves it, and sometimes not. Also sometimes she runs up to dogs as quiet as can be and plays, and than other times she makes a squeeling noise, and people are afraid she is picking a fight with their dog. But I think shes just talking. She squeels at our new Whippet puppy, and loves to play with her and is as gentle as can be, considering the Whippet puppy is really rough on my poor Basenji baby girl. does anyone know what the squeeling means. The baroo I get she does that all the time. The squeeling is confusing.
  • "You can't do that with a Basenji!"

    Basenji Talk
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    9k Views
    Anubis's MommyA
    Gorgeous dog and such a great story! I loved reading it…she was something VERY special...thank you so much for sharing!!
  • C-Me "1"… Squirrel "0"

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    9k Views
    ibi_n_saneI
    our garden is loaded with fieldmouses at the moment…. my B's do not care very much but my Ibizan hounds snack them all the time, sometimes they bring one inside for me to have, as a present, and they look quite offended when they notice I throw their delicious present in the garbage can ....
  • "A Tired Basenji Is A Happy Basenji"

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    23k Views
    WeLuvBasenjisW
    I have found that if I take my B to doggie daycare (even if it's only for half a day), she is ehausted when I bring her home. She will let me do the dishes without any basenji help! She also tends to treat our doggie friends a little nicer when they come around. Having a worn out basenji is deifinitely worth the $15!!