Skip to content

Marvin... Basenji?

Show Off Your Dog
  • @scraplover72
    I am shocked! I would have bet $$ that he was part basenji!! Regardless - he’s adorable and you’re both lucky to have found each other! 🐾❤️

  • @kembe I would of lost money on that bet too. I was convinced Marvin had some Basenji in him. I can't believe he doesn't. I demand a retest @scraplover72. In the absence of a retest I move that Marvin be afforded honorary membership into the Almost Basenji Secret Society Club of Planet Earth. Do I hear a second?

    alt text

  • So many times people post pictures and ask what folks on the forum think about their dogs. Often, the most convincing in appearance turn out disappointingly to not have any Basenji blood. When you think about it, there are not likely all that many crossbreds out there. Most people with an intact Basenji bitch are not looking to cover her with anything but a purebred male, and in North America generally females are spayed because most breeders require it for pet puppies. Bitches that are showing are even less likely to be bred to something outside the breed.

Suggested Topics

  • Is my puppy a Basenji

    Show Off Your Dog
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    7k Views
    W
    @tanza well on the DOB vaccine certificate, she actually write August 2016. Thank you @annlorimer .. Yes he is super cute.. The vet actually said he probably will be a medium size. @DebraDownSouth .. He grows taller right now .. And jumps higher.. I actually have another picture of him, his other brother/sister and possibly his parent. his probably mother is actually large size. The owner didn't want the puppy and post it online offering adoption. And sent him away to my home. Well he actually said that the mother/father is a mix rottweiler and husky. My vet said it probably mix with husky. ![alt text]([image: 1479464893580-img_1072.jpg] image url)
  • Is she Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    12k Views
    DebraDownSouthD
    You had me confused and then I realized you meant the write up on the other rescue (Okapi)… I like less white also. So I had to go look... wow, coloring reminds me of minpins. :) Cute dog though.
  • 0 Votes
    7 Posts
    6k Views
    MothM
    Congratulations :) What lovely dogs!
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    4k Views
    agilebasenjiA
    No idea, sometimes with mixes it's so hard to tell what the parentage is. I do think that your dog's head is a bit more refined than many of the pit mixes i've seen.
  • Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    12
    0 Votes
    12 Posts
    8k Views
    P
    I agree with the others that although he seems to have Basenji in him - his head is def. not Basenji. As for the leg I'd have it amputated if it troubles him - He'll cope with 3 legs I'm sure, but certainly consult a specialist first. Please keep us updated.
  • Basenji Playtime!

    Show Off Your Dog
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    Shaye's MomS
    Great pictures - lovely dogs - wish we had a backyard like that for ours - they must really enjoy having their own running space!