• I got Hank when he has 8 weeks old. He looked very different from his 2 brothers. He will be 3 years old in October. I get comments on him all the time as he has a unique look. I was told he was Sheppard Lab and Pit. I have always thought there is something else. I have spent a lot of time looking at different breeds trying to figure it out. I plan on getting a DNA test done on him. Today I was once Again looking on the internet and saw a picture of a Basenji and thought it was amazing how much Hank resembles one. Then I started reading about them and it was as if I was reading about Hank. I am hoping you will welcome Hank and I into your group. I will post some pictures and would love your opinions. Also please go to YouTube and search Dog climbs ladder David Mitchell. I had to check the drains on the roof at one of my parents apartments. Hank was only 6 months old. I went up the ladder and Hank was going nuts so my friend and I urged Hank on and recorded him as he climbed the ladder to be with me. Basenjis might not be considered smart but their intelligence is off the charts.

• Definitely right on the intelligence. My boy loves the electric drill and tries to get his paws on ours every time it is out and tells my son where to use it...and he is ALWAYS correct.

• Many dogs are smart. Just depends on how you want to measure it. Basenjis, like other breeds that work on their own, are very good at figuring out things for themselves. That "talent" can be good. Can be bad (like when they figure out how to snatch your tuna sandwich from a high counter)! LOL Just depends on what you'd like them to do.

A DNA test will give you a definite answer. They're cheap, easy to sample, and will be accurate as far as whether Hank has Basenji in him (Basenjis don't share DNA with that many other breeds).

• @davidbstylin
    I watched your YouTube video of Hank climbing the ladder - it was amazing! I’m curious to know how you got him down off the roof. Lol.

• I had to carry him on my shoulders wrapped around my neck. I tried to upload some pictures but can not figure it out. The platform used here I dont understand. Hank is amazing beyond words. I did one of those dog identification apps and took a picture and of all the breeds of dogs out there it said Hank looks like Basenji. Are the more I think about it obedience is not intelligence. A special forces person would not survive on obedience when doing a mission. There is lots of training involved but they make it on their ability to make intelligent quick decisions. When I play with Hank you can see that he is thinking about what he is going to do and how he is going to do it. Every friend of mine that has spent some time around Hank swears that he is part human. Thanks for reading my post and leaving a comment. Have a great day.

• @davidbstylin said in My boy Hank:

I had to carry him on my shoulders wrapped around my neck. I tried to upload some pictures but can not figure it out. The platform used here I dont understand.

To upload pictures from your computer click on the icon second from the right above the compose screen, then browse for your picture. It will not upload if it the file is too big, so you may need to downsize it first.

• Ok thank you. I have been doing everything from my phone. Could be the problem

• @eeeefarm said in My boy Hank:

... It will not upload if it the file is too big, so you may need to downsize it first.

Yup. You might have to install an Image Resizer. I've had to resize most of the photos I've uploaded.

Suggested Topics