Skip to content

Looking for a older female basenji companion

Breeder Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 6 Votes
    9 Posts
    10k Views
    ZandeZ
    @tanza No, he is on page 12 - the red/white in the group of the heads of 4 colours. But thanks for the link. Saves me looking for my hard copy !
  • Looking

    Breeder Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    3k Views
    tanzaT
    Go to www.basenji.org, you can search by state/country as BCOA has members in Canada or breeders in the Pacific North West can give suggestions.
  • Looking

    Breeder Talk
    17
    0 Votes
    17 Posts
    11k Views
    P
    I agree that cost is not necessarily indicative of the quality of a dog but rather it does reflect the time, energy and costs of producing litters. I find with my own, any way, that there is a terrific saving on veterinary costs as I find that in my experience in general Basenjis are a very healthy breed and trips to the vets in between puppyhood and old age.are minma compared to many breeds. Before anybody comments, I do appreciate that some do seem to have many health problems but overall I think that it is probably quite a small portion..
  • Fearful Basenji

    Breeder Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    5k Views
    B
    Thank you guys so much for the information. I will definately write it as you said. Maybe he will then stop being so ugly. I know that there is no way he will let me or anyone that knows me have her. All I know is I paid him back for the dog, paid to fly it to them and now I get to be rimmed out on the phone, emails, etc. I just love hearing what an irresponsible breeder I am and how much I abused the dog. It just makes me fighting mad to be accused of such things. I love my dogs so much and they live better than I do it seems… Thanks again, you guys are the best.
  • Looking for a brindle basenji male…..

    Breeder Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    S
    I think a sticky with the above info would save some hurt feelings. We have a wonderful wealth of info re dogs, breeding and health on this forum. It needs to be shared. IMO.
  • Basenji magazine

    Breeder Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    7k Views
    tanzaT
    @agilebasenji: So Breeder A said Breeder B didn't test? Personally, I'd do some homework before I'd believe what Breeder A said about Breeder B. Maybe it's true, and if it is SHAME on Breeder B! But I've learned that just because 2 people breed basenjis, doesn't mean they like each other. (And just for the record, I have no idea who Breeder A and Breeder B are.) Exactly…. and it is easy enough to check on the OFA site or Sally's pedigree site (of course that is not updated until OFA site is updated). But never go on what "he said/she said"... at least I don't... but there has been much discussion on other lists about well know breeder not testing or doing a questionable breeding with tested dogs... all pretty easily documented on the OFA site. So in some cases could be "he said/she said" with no truth to the statements..... as said, best and the responsible thing to do is check out your facts.