Skip to content

A question

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • Transport Question

    Basenji Talk
    10
    0 Votes
    10 Posts
    6k Views
    D
    If he gets along with other breeds of dogs, perhaps taking him to doggy day care or a dog park would help. I would definitely ask Brenda about this first. Some Bs do not get along with small white fluffy dogs as they think they are prey! Jennifer
  • Collar questions

    Basenji Talk
    11
    0 Votes
    11 Posts
    8k Views
    MacPackM
    Mine are naked in the house, but they are older and not inclined to leave, even if a gate is left open. We wear Nick Russell Safety-choke, similar in theory to martingale in that it snugs up when the dog pulls. We walk in harnesses, it is safer for their old necks and spines.
  • Microchipping question..

    Basenji Talk
    20
    0 Votes
    20 Posts
    7k Views
    jonny b.J
    both our dogs took about 2 seconds from walking into the room with the needle to walking back out. jonny just looked at the vet, hansel yelped quickly and on our way we went. i cannot imagine putting them out for THAT. but neither one dislikes going either. they both look at it as an AMAZING chance to smell, jump, chase, visit, investigate,… well you get the idea. they love it there. SO MANY dog food bags to smell. lol
  • Crating Question

    Basenji Talk
    9
    0 Votes
    9 Posts
    5k Views
    rnastoR
    The only reasons I would not crate little bs with big bs is (1) I don't want any fighting so you would have to play that one by ear (2) If the little one potties in the crate accidentally the big b has to suffer too. But I only have 1 so thats all I could think of
  • Just a few questions.

    Basenji Talk
    5
    0 Votes
    5 Posts
    3k Views
    wizardW
    EL D is almost 4 and his neck is 14. My Vet carries a toothpaste made by C.E.T. that comes in chicken or seafood flavor. It supposed to be better for tartar control.
  • Eating question…

    Basenji Talk
    14
    0 Votes
    14 Posts
    7k Views
    nomrbddgsN
    Shadow also used to 'pick' at his food. He started expanding so I cut back the food at each feeding and now he is eating normally and finishes his bowl when the others do.