Skip to content

Any thoughts on what other breed in this basenji?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    26 Posts
    17k Views
    tanzaT
    @jengosmonkey - Correct depending on his conformation... it that and movement met the standard then yes.... years ago a friend had a black & white Male that was about 30lbs and was about 19 to 20" tall... he finished his championship. Chances of the "Neuticles" being discovered most likely would have happened, however. It had been tried in other breeds.... one was with a Golden that only had 1 testicle so they had one neuticle implanted when the pup was about 8 months... funny thing about testicles... sometimes can come down at the most inopportune times... image the judge when did his exam and discovered "3" testicles....LOL Opps! by the way the dog and the owner & handler were DQ.
  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Basenji

    Basenji Talk
    8
    0 Votes
    8 Posts
    12k Views
    P
    @ktiefen1 You would be correct!! Potty Training eventually came easy because ours is so treat motivated....lol. Basic obedience is a challenge for us......ahe is definitely her own girl....and please dont disturb her sleep. You could lose a limb. ::)))))
  • Basenjis are -

    Basenji Talk
    3
    0 Votes
    3 Posts
    7k Views
    QuercusQ
    ooohhh…so true!!! Good observation!
  • Breed all about it basenji

    Basenji Talk
    1
    0 Votes
    1 Posts
    2k Views
    No one has replied
  • Basenji - the second dumbest dog breed

    Basenji Talk
    50
    0 Votes
    50 Posts
    45k Views
    mrbhaynM
    I am a musician and I spend a lot of time reviewing music. This means I'll be sitting at my computer, headphones on listening to a song and unaware of the outside world. My girl sunshine knows that when the phone rings, I'm supposed to answer it. So when it rings and I'm on the computer with the headphones on, she'll run up to me and "bark" in her way and jump on me to alert me to the phone. She'll then run ahead of me to the phone and watch me as I answer it. She'll also alert me when the doorbell rings or someone in the household yells for me. This she learned all on her own. Dumb dog? Who are they kidding! (to CBS, here's a major rasberry call just for you! thhhhhhhhhhhhh)