Skip to content

Any thoughts on what other breed in this basenji?

Basenji Talk

Suggested Topics

  • 0 Votes
    1 Posts
    1k Views
    No one has replied
  • Is he part Basenji?

    Show Off Your Dog
    13
    1 Votes
    13 Posts
    13k Views
    L
    @layla He sure is cute no matter what—but this Basenji website is really good and I have gotten really good advice and really good input from all the people and their dogs...
  • Basenji + ? other dog breeds ?

    Basenji Talk
    2
    1 Votes
    2 Posts
    3k Views
    G
    My mix is just a little shorter, and there's a similar thread going on here right now. As I say in that one, only DNA can tell you. https://basenjiforums.com/topic/14838/i-know-you-are-tired-of-being-asked/5 -Joanne
  • Basenji or...not?

    Basenji Talk
    26
    1 Votes
    26 Posts
    26k Views
    HeidiAceH
    @debradownsouth Thanks you so much. We'll give it a try.
  • What breed makes a good match with the basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    51
    0 Votes
    51 Posts
    36k Views
    JannekeJ
    The RR is a bit too big.. Sorry :D Although the Paraoh hound is the same size.. I do like them… And the Podengo Medio.. (sorry no Grande.. ;)) is nice as well. If I could 'just' add a dog without really considering size etc it would be a Pharaoh hound.. or another b.. :D :D
  • Is this a basenji?

    Basenji Talk
    37
    0 Votes
    37 Posts
    26k Views
    DukeD
    @phoenix3: Looks like a B to me but i think more of a B mix he looks like he has corse hair Maybe be has the size of a cattledog body and a basenji head :) My Aspen is a cattledog/ terrier mix he has the body of a cattledog {the colors} and the height and face of a terrier heres a pic so u can see the colors of the cattledog well one color anyways :D :D phoenix3 - this is Aspen? I'm so amazed at her spots, because my Daisy has spots like Aspens. We know her mother is pure R/W Basenji and she is thought her other half Beagle. One of her other litter mate moms thought Blue Healer (cattledog). But I subscribed to the Beagle. Daisy could be … Cattle Dog I suppose. She's bigger than Duke now at almost 9 months old. I will show her off soon on "Show Off" forum soon.