Help with getting started.

• @debradownsouth and @mshilo - Please take your "private war" private.... both of you have hijacked this thread and I am sure that the person that started it has left never to return, so we all missed an opportunity to educate a possible new Basenji person

• @debradownsouth Excuse me for getting in. Lady, you are wrong. First - there is what is defined as Hold Cargo and special Cargo.
    What is more important that I much agree that long flights are a big risk for a dog, especially a Basenji.
    I am not sure what is the fight between you and the other user, but to try to convince people to take their Basenji on a long flight is dangerous and wrong. That dogs die on events, other then flights don't mean that you need to take this unnecessary risk. Why?
    What the user mentioned on long flights make total sense and I found others that support this opinion - "Williamson kicked off a list of other ways an animal could die in flight. “Some freeze to death when climate-control systems fail, while others die of heat prostration on the tarmac during lengthy delays, hurt themselves while escaping from carriers, or are injured or killed when heavy items fall during extreme turbulence,” he said. "
    I do not see any reason to leave a Basenji in the luggage for more the 4 hours. too risky. He can die.

• @tanza I agree. Just to make my point. The user did not ask to be educated but to get started getting a Basenji. And I was angry as people started educating him, or better say arguing that he should not bring a puppy now or whatever they said. It's not the first time I see it here and in other forums. In any case, i am out of here.

• @mshilo said in Help with getting started.:

@tanza I agree. Just to make my point. The user did not ask to be educated but to get started getting a Basenji. And I was angry as people started educating him, or better say arguing that he should not bring a puppy now or whatever they said. It's not the first time I see it here and in other forums. In any case, i am out of here.

I disagree about "educating".... note the statement that "recently come to my attention".... This is indicating that these people are new to the breed and this is the perfect time to educate them on the breed, regardless if they go overseas for a pup or stay in the US..... I have been in the breed 30+ years and am always learning/being educated

• @tanza Tanza,
    A person asked how he can get a puppy. " after a lot of research we believe that the Basenji is the perfect dog for us to begin our new life together with....Are there ever instances of puppies being born in the late summer/early fall? Any help/guidance is much appreciated."
    After I have seen that 5 days no-one answered but only created an internal discussion if the user should or should not get a puppy, and the user disappeared (check the history) I have given two options, and the user thanks me. Even then, I got attacked for those options, and users told the person not how to get a puppy, but because he is getting married, NOT to get a puppy, I thought it was rude and I expressed my feeling. The user disappeared again

Then one of your users adviced a very wrong advice that can not just damage but KILL a basenji and you still attacking me for trying to prevent people to follow this incredible damaging advice. No, I am not sorry I insisted to prevent users to risks their dog's life in long flights. IT IS A RISK, unnecessary risk to KILL A DOG,

Thank you, and I wish you good luck.

• This post is deleted!

• @dagodingo said in Help with getting started.:

// no ripping up everything //

no ripping up everything? @ 9 months? ROTFLMAO! Do they ever reach an age when the destruction stops?

• @debi
    How funny you posted precisely 22 hrs ago , just when you joined, to this thread only. Troll much?

Last Online
    about 22 hours ago<<

• This post is deleted!

• @tanza said in Help with getting started.:

@debradownsouth and @mshilo - Please take your "private war" private.... both of you have hijacked this thread and I am sure that the person that started it has left never to return, so we all missed an opportunity to educate a possible new Basenji person

Scroll up and read... this person attacks everyone, nonstop.

Sadly the person wanted easy and when Mshilo told him to join a board for buying dogs, off he went.

Do I need to ignore him? Not when he spouts abuse against me or gives bad info. But I'll try. Note that whether I do or don't, he attacks others because he NEEDS attention. So be it.

Suggested Topics