• Hi everybody,
    I just thought I would stop by and share a little more about my special little guy Garrett. He is my pride and joy and a very unusual basenji from what I have been told. He is my first basenji and my boyfriends 4th (his parents had them).
    He is such a mellow fellow his day pretty much consists of wakeing up around noon-1pm. laying/sleeping on the couch. take him pretty much anywhere the beach, dog parks, hikeing, camping, the city, outdoor concerts, festivals, fireworks shows, flea markets, parks, and he adapts well. I have to say he is a easy dog to live with.
    I would say his way with people is what I love about him the most he is very calm and gentle at all times (even nice to the vet) not a growler or nipper. He is phenominal with children which is especially nice because the kids are always the first to run up and pet him. One day I hope to have Garrett become a therapy dog or to take him to schools for the kids.I really think he has what it takes and if anyone on the forum has had a basenji therapy dog I would love to have your input or advice.
    Don't get me wrong now he's not perfect just recently he picked up a bad habit of wanting to chase motorcycles its weird he never used to care so we gotta work on that one! Oh and he likes to roll around in stinky fertalizer haha.

• Hi Veronica! Welcome to Basenji Forums!

Do you have any photos of Garrett? It would be great if you can post them in the Show Off Your Dog thread. Let us know if you need help posting your photos.

Suggested Topics