New Besenji Owner - His name is Rusty!

• Hi everyone,

I just joined this site and its great to have a community for the dogs! 🙂

We just rescued our little guy Rusty about 2 months ago and he is so lovable yet he has never been trained and we are the 3rd owners and so the next year will be an adjustment period with lots of training!

He is so smart and picks up training very well but when he gets bored quickly and is a chewer or causes a ruckus!

From Ontario Canada 🙂

• How old is Rusty? Can you put up some pictures? Yes, Basenjis are very smart, and it's a little worrisome that you are the third owner. What happened with the first two? No question Basenjis can be destructive when left to their own devices, but hopefully you will be able to get a handle on his behaviour. BTW, I'm in Ontario as well.

• Welcome! Where did you get him from? I also am curious what happened in the first 2 homes.

We love pictures, hint hint. 🙂

• Oh so nice to know that there are others in Ontario with Besenjis they are not very common around here. Our breeder has a policy that if it doesn't work out with her dogs they must be returned to her to make sure they are in good hands. The first return was due to a divorce and then the women took him by herself but returned him again after a few months and now he is at his forever home with us. We got him from Hammond Ontario through a Breeder.

Will try to find a way to post a picture of him 🙂

• To post, click on the up arror next to the picture and it uploads your photos

• 0_1509977971348_Rustry2.jpg

Suggested Topics